Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TARVER ACCEPTS ROY'S CHALLENGE, WILLING TO FIGHT RJ FOR A FOURTH TIME FOR SHOT AT CALZAGHE!
By G. Leon

IBO and IBF light heavyweight champion Antonio "The Magic Man" Tarver told Boxingtalk.com, "Roy you done put your foot in your mouth for the third time, so let's do it. We could fight as soon as possible to see who fights Calzaghe. That's what it's all about. I love the game. He keeps talking about me losing to Bernard, but he lost to me twice. He needs to vindicate himself and prove he's ready he needs to come through me, we could make that fight happen. So let me get on the phone with Don King, because Don King is his promoter and nothing is going to happen without Don King's say so. We could make this fight tomorrow and the winner fights Calzaghe December 1. Nuff said. You know when he says my name, I appear on his ass like Candyman. He wants to put Calzaghe on some big old pedestal, so let's do it. Tarver-Jones IV, where I finally shut Roy's door.!"

i'm not clamouring for this fight, but i wouldn't mind seeing roy get some payback and shut tarver up.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I hope Roy takes it and finishes this clowns career, Tarver would have nothing left to boast about if Roy clowned him.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
TARVER ACCEPTS ROY'S CHALLENGE, WILLING TO FIGHT RJ FOR A FOURTH TIME FOR SHOT AT CALZAGHE!
By G. Leon

IBO and IBF light heavyweight champion Antonio "The Magic Man" Tarver told Boxingtalk.com, "Roy you done put your foot in your mouth for the third time, so let's do it. We could fight as soon as possible to see who fights Calzaghe. That's what it's all about. I love the game. He keeps talking about me losing to Bernard, but he lost to me twice. He needs to vindicate himself and prove he's ready he needs to come through me, we could make that fight happen. So let me get on the phone with Don King, because Don King is his promoter and nothing is going to happen without Don King's say so. We could make this fight tomorrow and the winner fights Calzaghe December 1. Nuff said. You know when he says my name, I appear on his ass like Candyman. He wants to put Calzaghe on some big old pedestal, so let's do it. Tarver-Jones IV, where I finally shut Roy's door.!"

i'm not clamouring for this fight, but i wouldn't mind seeing roy get some payback and shut tarver up.
I'd rather see Jones/Calzaghe.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I really don't know why RJ is still fighting but he might as well try to end the so-called legend killer's winning streak. If he can pull it off he'll save what's left of his legacy and it will erase his KO losses IMO.
I think Jones HAS to fight Tarver and beat him soundly to even warrant a shot at Calzaghe. He's done nothing to earn it so far

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really don't know why RJ is still fighting but he might as well try to end the so-called legend killer's winning streak. If he can pull it off he'll save what's left of his legacy and it will erase his KO losses IMO.
if he were able to beat calzaghe and tarver back-to-back that would take care of the so-called legend killers. if he manages to beat johnson afterwards his knockout losses become rectified, and all is well in roy land. i don't think he'd stick around to fight all three because of his age.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I think Jones HAS to fight Tarver and beat him soundly to even warrant a shot at Calzaghe. He's done nothing to earn it so far
Well Tarver should theorically be in a better position to challenge Calzaghe because he beat Jones twice but Jones is the one I see having the best chance of beating Calzaghe.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Tarver would have no advatages against Calzaghe, his biggest weapon is his tricky southpaw style. he loses that against Joe. It would just come down to boxing ability and Tarver would be made look foolish.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
if he were able to beat calzaghe and tarver back-to-back that would take care of the so-called legend killers. if he manages to beat johnson afterwards his knockout losses become rectified, and all is well in roy land. i don't think he'd stick around to fight all three because of his age.
If he beats Calzaghe, Tarver and Dawson I can see some people ranking him #1 P4P. I don't think he beats Johnson though.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
If he beats Calzaghe, Tarver and Dawson I can see some people ranking him #1 P4P. I don't think he beats Johnson though.
Hey dont tell Lance or Shane but if Roy fights Tarver I'll be pulling for him to shut Tarver up But youve gotta give Tarver his due that " Well have you got any excuses tonight Roy"? was a classic.
Almost as good as Tex Cobb's crack to the ref in the Holmes-Cobb fight " Hey ref go ask Holmes if he wants to give up yet" :cheeky4:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
after facing and beating those names he should be top 5 p4p imo. i think roy would have an outside chance in beating johnson by decision. he just has to stay off those damn ropes.

·
Registered
707 Posts
the best guys right now to challenge Joe is Glenn Johnson only because of his busy style,power and size may eventually wear down Joe but that's a stretch. Dawson looked bad agaist Glenn and I actually had him loosing the fight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts