Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
TARVER: "ROY JONES ISN'T ON ANYBODY'S HIT LIST!"

Tarver blasts Roy Jones Jr., Clinton Woods, Jeff Lacy and Chad Dawson.

I know...I know...it's Tarver so who cares?

LOL.

Funny read though...I like how he attempts to put Roy back into his place by reminding him about that devastating KO.

On Jeff Lacy...

"Jeff Lacy didn't want to fight man. I thought the guy really wanted an opportunity to do something big, but this guy wants to play around and he wants to mess around and lose to some bum and make no money and then basically be assed out. I tried to give him every opportunity; to put him in a significant fight, put him in the spotlight again and a win over me, he'll be calling shots again and he's back in big business. I guess the risk outweighed the reward and he turned the fight down, but that was a no-brainer. What else does he have to do in his career? He doesn't have anything else on the table so I'm trying to figure out what he's in the game for."

On Clinton Woods...

"Man, I'm loving it and I'm even more eager now because he's been talking all this **** over there in England so I'm excited. All of a sudden, now he's supposed to be the baddest thing in the division. I'm going to let these guys hold on to those belts for a little bit since I vacated all of them when I fought Glen Johnson for the people's light heavyweight championship. Now they want to claim that they're this and they're that and he's going to knock me out in my hometown. I'm like, "man, who's the last guy he knocked out?" (both laughing) He's feeling real eager because he has a mega, mega fight, the whole world will be watching and a victory over me makes him a superstar. We understand what's at stake, but I told him he's a handpicked opponent. They all are."

On Roy Jones Jr...

"Roy Jones isn't on anybody's hit list! He's a dead man walking and I killed him. I don't know how all of a sudden he has all this bravado. He got a little half-assed win over Trinidad, a blown up welterweight, and thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. Please don't let it be forgotten that I ripped his heart out, showed it to him and knocked his ass out in two rounds in Mandalay Bay. Roy Jones is the same guy. As long as he don't see my face, he's going to be brave and talk all that crap, but as soon as he looks at me, he's going to go back into his little shell like the coward he is. That guy knows what it is. He don't want to see me, but if he calls my name three times, I'm going to be like Candyman on his ass (laughing). Angel, don't get me started! I'm back baby!"

On Chad Dawson vs. Glen Johnson...

"I just don't think that Chad Dawson, with those sad, creampuff fighters that he's been facing, and he considers himself the champion...that's the bottom line. He's not prepared mentally to defeat a guy like Glen Johnson, but if he's fortunate enough to get by Glen, he's made credibility for himself and he deserves a fight with the Magic Man and I'm going to show everybody what it is, bottom line. I put it like this, I had to do it the hard way. I beat every damn body that they put up in front of me so I proved that I was worthy to be the champion. These guys want a free ******* ticket man to fight a guy like me and roll the dice and hopefully hit a seven or eleven, but it ain't like that so beat Glen Johnson and I'll see his ass by the end of the year. Glen Johnson is going to crack his ass."

"I see Glen Johnson beating Chad Dawson dawg. Then he can move over like the child he is and let men handle men business. I ain't playin' with their asses Angel, I'm back boy"

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Tarver is living off a legends name. I hope woods knocks this fool out. He wouldnt be dawson, he prob wont get past woods and jones has looked better than even tarver lately..

·
Registered
221 Posts
How does a guy like this talk so much crap when he last significant fight he lost to a senior citizen ex-middleweight champ. Maybe he forgot who runs that division. If Roy lost next 10 fights in a row more people would still watch him than Tarver.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Tarver sucks. He made his name from knocking out a shot Roy Jones, and hasnt really done much else other than being schooled by Hopkins. Woods will outwork Tarver IMO.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
And who the hell gave tarver the impression he was pretty? There are some boxers who are good looking, tarver is not one of them. Bring on the gay jokes lol :laugh: Yall no what I mean.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol lets do it. Im married with a beautiful wife. Im not ashmed to say if another man is good looking or not. And im sure as hell not ashamed to say tarver is one ugly azz mother.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
calzaghe aint a bad looking man. My wife actually CHOSE to watch him fight against kessler. She thought they both were extremely handsome for fighters.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Tarver is living off a legends name. I hope woods knocks this fool out. He wouldnt be dawson, he prob wont get past woods and jones has looked better than even tarver lately..
IMO I Think Jones Would Have Beat Tarver In There 3rd Match If He Could Have Gotten Past That Knockout. But The Way B-Hop Took Tarvers Pride, This Guy Should Not Be Screaming About Anything.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
The room is spinning---------------------------from all the gayness!
:laugh:LMAO:laugh:

IMO I Think Jones Would Have Beat Tarver In There 3rd Match If He Could Have Gotten Past That Knockout. But The Way B-Hop Took Tarvers Pride, This Guy Should Not Be Screaming About Anything.
my sentiments exactly, man.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
doesnt tarver have the same amount of losses as RJJ in about half as many pro fights?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
TARVER: "ROY JONES ISN'T ON ANYBODY'S HIT LIST!"

Tarver blasts Roy Jones Jr., Clinton Woods, Jeff Lacy and Chad Dawson.

I know...I know...it's Tarver so who cares?

LOL.

Funny read though...I like how he attempts to put Roy back into his place by reminding him about that devastating KO.

On Jeff Lacy...

"Jeff Lacy didn't want to fight man. I thought the guy really wanted an opportunity to do something big, but this guy wants to play around and he wants to mess around and lose to some bum and make no money and then basically be assed out. I tried to give him every opportunity; to put him in a significant fight, put him in the spotlight again and a win over me, he'll be calling shots again and he's back in big business. I guess the risk outweighed the reward and he turned the fight down, but that was a no-brainer. What else does he have to do in his career? He doesn't have anything else on the table so I'm trying to figure out what he's in the game for."

On Clinton Woods...

"Man, I'm loving it and I'm even more eager now because he's been talking all this **** over there in England so I'm excited. All of a sudden, now he's supposed to be the baddest thing in the division. I'm going to let these guys hold on to those belts for a little bit since I vacated all of them when I fought Glen Johnson for the people's light heavyweight championship. Now they want to claim that they're this and they're that and he's going to knock me out in my hometown. I'm like, "man, who's the last guy he knocked out?" (both laughing) He's feeling real eager because he has a mega, mega fight, the whole world will be watching and a victory over me makes him a superstar. We understand what's at stake, but I told him he's a handpicked opponent. They all are."

On Roy Jones Jr...

"Roy Jones isn't on anybody's hit list! He's a dead man walking and I killed him. I don't know how all of a sudden he has all this bravado. He got a little half-assed win over Trinidad, a blown up welterweight, and thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread. Please don't let it be forgotten that I ripped his heart out, showed it to him and knocked his ass out in two rounds in Mandalay Bay. Roy Jones is the same guy. As long as he don't see my face, he's going to be brave and talk all that crap, but as soon as he looks at me, he's going to go back into his little shell like the coward he is. That guy knows what it is. He don't want to see me, but if he calls my name three times, I'm going to be like Candyman on his ass (laughing). Angel, don't get me started! I'm back baby!"

On Chad Dawson vs. Glen Johnson...

"I just don't think that Chad Dawson, with those sad, creampuff fighters that he's been facing, and he considers himself the champion...that's the bottom line. He's not prepared mentally to defeat a guy like Glen Johnson, but if he's fortunate enough to get by Glen, he's made credibility for himself and he deserves a fight with the Magic Man and I'm going to show everybody what it is, bottom line. I put it like this, I had to do it the hard way. I beat every damn body that they put up in front of me so I proved that I was worthy to be the champion. These guys want a free ******* ticket man to fight a guy like me and roll the dice and hopefully hit a seven or eleven, but it ain't like that so beat Glen Johnson and I'll see his ass by the end of the year. Glen Johnson is going to crack his ass."

"I see Glen Johnson beating Chad Dawson dawg. Then he can move over like the child he is and let men handle men business. I ain't playin' with their asses Angel, I'm back boy"

That is funny as hell!:laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
jones would of beat tarver a third time if he really wanted it like he did in the 5th round where he totally dominated tarver, but he was there to survive for the mos tpart and make it through 12 rounds. It is what it is though.

·
Banned
589 Posts
:laugh:LMAO:laugh:

my sentiments exactly, man.
If You Ask Me Tarver's A Bum, He's Too Basic. Pawing Right Jab Straight Left Hand, He Has No True Value To Fans. Defensive Fighters Like Floyd And B-Hop Are Boring At Times But Look Good Doing It. Is It Me Or Does Tarver Look Like He's Gonna Fall Every Time He Moves?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts