Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who Wins?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tarver vs. Dawson Done For October 11 in Connecticut? - Boxing News

This is a very intriguing fight between two langy southpaws. I definitely have Chad Dawsoon winning (best fighter between MW-LHW IMO). Tarver is a bit overrated but he does have skill and will give Chad a slight test in that nature but if Dawson can be patient and look for easy countering opportunities and throw alot of punches in the middle of the ring (since Tarver doesn't throw many punches in the middle of the ring) then I see an easy UD for Dawson...who do you have winning?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Before the Glen Johnson fight i wouldave said easy UD for Dawson but now im not so sure, this is a tough one to call even if i hate Tarver with a passion.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think Dawson out works him to take a UD win

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to beat Chad in a similar fashion like a RJ or a PBF...you have to crowd them and make them feel uncomfortable. Tarver can't do that...he likes to sit in the middle of the ring and just counter...pitter pattering his opponent as they run off the ropes. Chad Dawson's mobility and quickness I think will be too much for Tarver. Dawson outworks Tarver to a UD. But I'm praying for a KO :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I see Dawson winning by a close decision. Tarver is a very careful fighter with great countering abilities so this will be a good fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Dawson stops tarver in the 10th. Tarver can be hurt by quick punches ala jones vs tarver III 5th round and 10th round.

Dawson easy.

Thread useless w/o poll however.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I picked Dawson but i wouldn't rule out Tarver. Dawson is FAR from the finished article, a wily old vet like Tarver will have his moments against Chad.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Dawson looked bad in his last fight to some because of who he was fighting. He won't have to worry about bombs coming at him all night from Tarver.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i think dawson will have learnt something from the johnson fight. tarver had a good night with a very bad clinton. so i would go for dawson all the way.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I keep picking against Tarver and he keeps winning. So I will jinx him this time. I pick Tarver by KO in the 8th.
Who did you pick to beat tarver lately? Woods? Santiago? Muriqi?

Tarver rightfully beat all of those.

He will not beat dawson.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I get this nagging feeling that Tarver is going to win. So I'm a go with him. I might even put some money on it.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
You'll be wrong gerald.
I got the same nagging feeling when Quintana fought Williams the first time. And when Donaire fought Vic. Back when Vic was destroying everybody. I wish I would get that feeling more often (I would be rich). But I don't. So i don't ignore it when I get it.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I hope Tarver wins. He doesn't always produce the best fights, but he's one of the better, more eloquent trash talkers and I think he seems like a genuinely good guy despite that. Dawson, on the other hand, has nothing that separates him from the pack.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I have to disagree with you there nate. Dawson has exactly what it takes to seperate him from the others, superstar ability.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts