Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the fight yesterday against Julio Gonzalez, I not only saw a some skill from Cloud but when the man turns it on in a round, normal boxers wouldn't make it out. Julio Gonzalez showed some great heart and a GREAT chin. But 90% of the LHW divsion would have been KO'ed in the first round of that fight. Cloud showed tremendous power and stamina while Gonzalez was too stubborn to fall.

I think Cloud has a great chance in beating Dawson who is more of a boxer than a brawler and it would be a great fight if he fought Glen Johnson. Cloud would destroy Tarver and if he hurts RJ early, then he could easily take out RJ also. Against Calzaghe, he might get outboxed since Cal's handspeed and movement would make him look similar to Lacy. The difference here is that Lacy's defense was poor and Cloud's defense is light years ahead. I would favor Cal and B-Hop to beat Cloud but anyone else in the division I think would succumb to his power...What do you think?

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Personally , I liked Cloud last night, he made a punching bag out of gonzales whenever he would catch him but DAMN gonzales could take hits, that man was determined to not fall...cloud needs to fight some better competiotion though, if u noticed he was getting hit alot and needs to improve his defense because gonzales was just tapping him with his punches, I want to see him fight someone who could actually punch..seee if he could take a hit...oh ****..RIP BERNIE MAC sad day.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I wasn't really impressed by Cloud he gassed out after a few rounds and was getting hit way too much. Gonzalez was tough but I'm disappointed Cloud didn't stop him or didn't urge the referee to stop him earlier. I give him a good puncher's chance against RJ and a fight against Johnson would be entertaining but I don't think he's ready for the elite at 175 yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I will wait and see what he does next time out. And if Gonzalez ever fights again?:dunno: JG may be shot, a ton of wars under his belt. But Cloud has a hell of a lot more skills than does Jeff Lacy. Nice jab, power in both hands and speed. And IMO decent enough footwork to avoid harms way at times. But how good was Gonzalez?

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't really impressed by Cloud he gassed out after a few rounds and was getting hit way too much. Gonzalez was tough but I'm disappointed Cloud didn't stop him or didn't urge the referee to stop him earlier. I give him a good puncher's chance against RJ and a fight against Johnson would be entertaining but I don't think he's ready for the elite at 175 yet.
I believe that RJ was supposed to fight Cloud but he chose to fight Tito instead. I wouldn't mind to see RJ fight Cloud but there's a large risk/ small gain out of that fight.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Cloud is no doubt a ko artist, but he still needs some work.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Can't say I've seen a whole lot from Cloud. I'll look to do a bit of catching up on him and see what I think.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I will wait and see what he does next time out. And if Gonzalez ever fights again?:dunno: JG may be shot, a ton of wars under his belt. But Cloud has a hell of a lot more skills than does Jeff Lacy. Nice jab, power in both hands and speed. And IMO decent enough footwork to avoid harms way at times. But how good was Gonzalez?
I feel the same way. I'm also taking a wait and see attitude.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cloud was gassed after the first few rounds and getting hit too much, but there are a lot of fighters, a hell of a lot of fighters, that would have been gone by the fifth or sixth round at the latest, if not the first round. Cloud was hitting Gonzalez with some absolute sledgehammers and the dude wouldn't fall. I was getting worried for his health as the fight progressed.

Cloud needs to work on his defense and pace himself a little more but he looks completely legit to me and I expect him to be a titleholder in this division in a few more fights. He took a step up in class last night and still looked like a tremendous force.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts