Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how Lacy looked against an opponent that was knocked out in the 4th round in his last fight and he was supposed to dominate. What do you think about this fight for the WBO strap(probably interim)?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Seeing as how Lacy looked against an opponent that was knocked out in the 4th round in his last fight and he was supposed to dominate. What do you think about this fight for the WBO strap(probably interim)?
Taylor wins easily IMO.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Lacy would get smashed until he decided to quit. Jermaine would look better than Calzaghe in the process of this one sided beatdown.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I after that last fight it shouldn't happen. Taylor will school him. Taylor shouldn't be such a **** bag and fight Froch for the WBC belt.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I after that last fight it shouldn't happen. Taylor will school him. Taylor shouldn't be such a **** bag and fight Froch for the WBC belt.
IMO Froch is too slow and has been fed light opposition (not his fault though), Jermaine would do the same to him. It would be more competitive, but it would still be mostly one sided and go on for as long Froch could take the beatdown.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
IMO Froch is too slow and has been fed light opposition (not his fault though), Jermaine would do the same to him. It would be more competitive, but it would still be mostly one sided and go on for as long Froch could take the beatdown.
Taylor-Froch would definitely be more competitive than Taylor-Lacy IMO. I can't believe HBO are prepared to actually back the Lacy fight.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Your talking as if its foregone conclusin. Saying Taylor would give Froch a beat down. Why is he not taking the fight on then. After Lacy's performance yesterday, I can't see no reason why not. Unless he wants to avoid him?

It also depends on what Taylor turns up aswell.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Your talking as if its foregone conclusin. Saying Taylor would give Froch a beat down. Why is he not taking the fight on then. After Lacy's performance yesterday, I can't see no reason why not. Unless he wants to avoid him?

That could be crucial. The "good" Taylor wins a decision/late stoppage over Froch. The "bad" Taylor may have a few more problems.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Mendoza only had two weeks to prepare for Dawson since he was a fill in for Diacanou and it showed. Dawson him with some flush shots but nothing like the shots he was eating last night. I think Taylor beats him regardless though.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Lacy doesn't deserve a shot. He might be competitive, but I doubt it. For all of the flack Taylor got about not being able to finish off Pavlik, I think he'd have no problem doing it against his old Olympic teammate seeing as how he got rocked so many times last night. Yeah, he's got three straight wins, but they are three straight decision wins against nondescript opponents. At least this was an entertaining fight as opposed to the other two, but he needed a knockout, preferably an early one, if he was going to build any sort of buzz for a fight with Taylor. I hope it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lacy is a shot fighter period. Any one that tells you other wise is big monkey.His friends and advisors need to let him in on it.He reminds me of David Reid allot.
Joe Cal took this soul!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lacy is a seriously flawed fighter. Last night's performance seemed to show that he was completely unable or unwilling to make adjustments mid-fight. He kept getting hit with the same shots. And that squeaker of a decision could just as easily have gone in Mendoza's favor. Not the stateement Lacy wanted to make.

As for Taylor, I've seen him fight well, and I've seen him be uninspired and careless. But I do think the losses to Pavlik showed him something about hard work and focus. I think he'd have Lacy figured out pretty well by round 4 and gone by 7.

Just my 2¢.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Its simple, he is getting offered more money to fight Lacy, than Froch. A fight with Froch is still possible since they got an extension for the purse bid.
Mendoza only had two weeks to prepare for Dawson since he was a fill in for Diacanou and it showed. Dawson him with some flush shots but nothing like the shots he was eating last night. I think Taylor beats him regardless though.
Thats no excuse for the supposed 'class' in the division to not get rid of him or at least get a one sided decision.
Lacy is a shot fighter period. Any one that tells you other wise is big monkey.His friends and advisors need to let him in on it.He reminds me of David Reid allot.
Joe Cal took this soul!!!
Shot from 1 beatdown I seriously doubt that, Lacy is not shot, he just doesnt intimidate his opponents anymore, so they stand up to him now unlike before. Some of those shots wouldve put down that same guy before, his muscles are taking away from his stamina. Calz aint Shang Tsung

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lacy is a seriously flawed fighter. Last night's performance seemed to show that he was completely unable or unwilling to make adjustments mid-fight. He kept getting hit with the same shots. And that squeaker of a decision could just as easily have gone in Mendoza's favor. Not the stateement Lacy wanted to make.

As for Taylor, I've seen him fight well, and I've seen him be uninspired and careless. But I do think the losses to Pavlik showed him something about hard work and focus. I think he'd have Lacy figured out pretty well by round 4 and gone by 7.

Just my 2¢.
He is a one dimensional fighter, that is a major sign of them. I agree with your prediction against Taylor

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Its simple, he is getting offered more money to fight Lacy, than Froch. A fight with Froch is still possible since they got an extension for the purse bid.

Thats no excuse for the supposed 'class' in the division to not get rid of him or at least get a one sided decision.

Shot from 1 beatdown I seriously doubt that, Lacy is not shot, he just doesnt intimidate his opponents anymore, so they stand up to him now unlike before. Some of those shots wouldve put down that same guy before, his muscles are taking away from his stamina. Calz aint Shang Tsung
:laugh: you played mortal kombat too much.
I think the damage he sustained in the Calzaghe fight permanently affected his ability to take a punch. Sometimes it's more dangerous to get beat up for 12 rounds than suffer a concussion. It can also affect your mental game and make you less agressive in your next fights.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts