·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fighting another 147/154 guy. thats 3 in a row. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
true, but at least spinks will put on a better show then mora. and i think that right now he is 1-1 in those fights. i gave wright the win. i cant believe mora passed up maybe his only chance for a belt and a big payday. they said mora was going to make 7 figures for the fight!! he wont ever see that kind of money offered to him again.

·
Registered
707 Posts
In a way Mora is right if you consider the fact that Taylor loves to fight home town fights I know he is from Little rock but you know what I mean he should be trying to get Madison garden or Caesars in Vegas. Atlantic city etc. thats were the big boys fight!!
and yea shame on him for not steppinmg up to fight one of the many legit guys that have been calling him out.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Wow more Taylor bashing. Taylor is a great young champ. He has ducked no one and fought everyone. I love the fact that he fights in his home town. He is their city franchise. He is the sports team. His fights bring money and reconition to his little city. He is fighting big name after big name. This was going to be his first fight in a long time that his opponent was not a ligit big name, but he dropped that fight and is fighting a harder and much better and bigger named fighter. GIVE THE MAN SOME CREDIT.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He got b.s. W's vs B-hop so until he moves up in weight or fights and actually clearly defeats a big name he gets no love from me. He is talented but all of his fights are questionable.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
They are wins. He has only 1 draw the rest are wins. What fighter do you know fighting right now has fought the level of fighters he has fought in this short period of time and fought them one after the other?

·
Registered
707 Posts
in the harder and bigger name opponent I will grant you that but Spinxs is in no way a worthy guy we all know the guys is a cutie with no power thats why they chose him. and in my mind the last fight really was a step down Uma had no business at #160 that should have been a easy fight for Taylor. I will give him some credit when he starts to fight worthy guys.

you know thats the one thing I liked about Jeff Lacy he stepped up and got it on with a real guy (never mind that he got beat up) but at least nobody can question his heart!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
prettyboywho said:
They are wins. He has only 1 draw the rest are wins. What fighter do you know fighting right now has fought the level of fighters he has fought in this short period of time and fought them one after the other?
They are wins because three guys decided that he won. If the first b-hop fight and the winky fight were scored correctly we wouldn't be talking about him at all. He would be that guy that gave b-hop and winky his best shot but just couldn't cut it. That is who he is. No real champion.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
windowguy said:
in the harder and bigger name opponent I will grant you that but Spinxs is in no way a worthy guy we all know the guys is a cutie with no power thats why they chose him. and in my mind the last fight really was a step down Uma had no business at #160 that should have been a easy fight for Taylor. I will give him some credit when he starts to fight worthy guys.

you know thats the one thing I liked about Jeff Lacy he stepped up and got it on with a real guy (never mind that he got beat up) but at least nobody can question his heart!!
Lacy is a bumb he got beat up by his first real challenge. His first real named opponent.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
They are wins because three guys decided that he won. If the first b-hop fight and the winky fight were scored correctly we wouldn't be talking about him at all. He would be that guy that gave b-hop and winky his best shot but just couldn't cut it. That is who he is. No real champion.
\
You didnt answer the question at all. Thats because you cant name anyone else who has done what he is doing.

·
Registered
707 Posts
thats what I am saying when he really stepped up he got beat. I really believe that when Taylor fights the up and coming middleweights he will get beat and probably easy he fights so many #154 maybe he should loose weight and fight there instead.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Oh no he doesnt get beat. But he is still young and has already made a big statement and made a tough act to follow. He is going to beat everyone in his way.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we should realy be saying stinxs and ouma are 147 guys they can both make welterweight without much of a problem. with taylor having no named opponent fot the last few weeks and miranda calling him out he's a duck in my book. miranda is now the #2 middleweight in the world and would generate more cash for taylor than stinxs could so why aint he fighting him?

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
I am actually beginning to change my mind on Jermain Taylor... maybe it was a "2 TIME BULL**** DECISION" when he beat Bernard Hopkins on 2 Occasions. Why can't he go ahead and take on Edison "Pantera" Miranda and Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik... who I think could become the first White American World Middleweight Boxing Champion in years... am I wrong there? I think that's right!
The fact that "BAD INTENTIONS" handpicks his opponents who are not in that weight division... is just plain... words can't describe it! Sorry!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
most guys slated hopkins cause he fought tito and oscar who were both smaller but taylors taking it to a new level. it now looks like pavlik nd miranda will fight soon and the winner becomes mando. they'll be no excuses from taylor then!! saying that he'll prob opt for the RJJ match around that time. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Tyson the big challenge for Pavlik in my opinion is that his defense is questionable but I like you belelieve he can be a world champ with some work and careful management. maybe he should sign with Floyd's promoter they are very good at protecting a guy!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Mayweather Promotions will be around in one to two years. He already has a prospect that trains at his gym mayweather fitness who he says is better than him at the stage he is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts