Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is according to fightnews.com Montiel will be defending his World Boxing Organization (WBO) title against former world champion Martin Castillo. World Boxing Council (WBC) champion Mijares will be defending his title against three-time world title challenger Jose Navarro. Hearns will go toe-to-toe against Juan Astorga in an eight-round junior middleweight bout.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Honestly, I am very disappointed. I figured that since the card is already a PPV they would at least build a solid undercard. Mijares is the only interesting fight for me on there, and I don't really find him too interesting. I give that card a 3/10 honestly and I was expecting a solid 7/10 at worst.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeah i was mad that this fight to begin with was PPV. and now i have an undercard of fighters i have never heard of... taylor-pavlik 1 was my favorite fight of 07, but i dont think im even going to buy the second one.

lame

-melty

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ya its hard to disagree that this is a great card. Its interesting to watch hearns since I have only seen clips of him, and Mijares, Castillo and Montiel are all world class fighters and definitly the elite in their weight division

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I hate the card personally. I like to see at least one guy that I really care about on undercards. For this fight that is not the case and is the reason I am going to sell my tickets upon reciept.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Undercard does seem a little weak .. besides for Mijares .. Either way I am getting this fight to see Pavlik of course that fight is worth my $50 alone.. The undercard can change correct? even though there is such little time ..

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ive seen a lot of worse cards than this one,,,,after the first fight the main event is worth the money alone.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Honestly, I am very disappointed. I figured that since the card is already a PPV they would at least build a solid undercard. Mijares is the only interesting fight for me on there, and I don't really find him too interesting. I give that card a 3/10 honestly and I was expecting a solid 7/10 at worst.
You serious? For anybody that follows boxing Montiel-Castillo is an outstanding match up. That can easily be a main event on Boxing After Dark. And than you add Mijares against a live opponent in Navarro. And a look at Ronald Hearns. What more you want? I follow all the weight classes. Not just the big names. So for me this is a 8/10 card.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
You serious? For anybody that follows boxing Montiel-Castillo is an outstanding match up. That can easily be a main event on Boxing After Dark. And than you add Mijares against a live opponent in Navarro. And a look at Ronald Hearns. What more you want? I follow all the weight classes. Not just the big names. So for me this is a 8/10 card.
i tend to agree, the card is very solid!

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is according to fightnews.com Montiel will be defending his World Boxing Organization (WBO) title against former world champion Martin Castillo. World Boxing Council (WBC) champion Mijares will be defending his title against three-time world title challenger Jose Navarro. Hearns will go toe-to-toe against Juan Astorga in an eight-round junior middleweight bout.
Any heavyweights? LHW's or SMW's? There the divisions i enjoy most.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts