Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to a report out by Chris Givens for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, sources close to Lou Di-Bella, Taylor’s promoter, are indicating that there is ongoing discussions DiBella and Don King. King who is the promoter of Felix “Tito” Trinidad and Roy Jones Jr. is looking to pit Taylor not only against Trinidad in June, but hopefully Jones Jr. in the fall.

Quoted on in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Taylor's trainer Ozell Nelson stated in regards to King's proposed
matches: “I think that sounds like a pretty d *** good deal.”

Nelson added: “That’s two big names. Trinidad could be tailor-made for Jermain.”

DiBella is looking to get Taylor back in action as soon as possible, stating: “We want Jermain back in the ring as soon as possible.”

DiBella added: “Jermain has expressed a desire to get back in the ring, and we’d like to get him back in the ring in June.”

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
After Taylor beat Joppy he said that he wanted Trinidad because Trinidad is taylor made for Taylor. The reason he stated was that Tito walks like a chicken with his head bobbing forward and he is very susceptible to Taylors quick flicking jab.

Guess what, Taylor was right. If Tito accepts this fight, he'll lose a very one sided fight. That is if Taylor stays off the ropes.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think he beats Tito and might even get a ko to boost his confidence.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
what a stupid fight. If Tito beats Taylor all he shows is he can beat a guy that has lsot two in a row. if Taylor beats tito (most likely scenario) he just proved he can ebat an over the hill fighter that is at a weight he can't really handle regardless of what his retard father says.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I like this match up, Tito is definitely not shot, and Taylor is about the right opponent for him, as in...not too dangerous.

I like Taylor to win, but not sure how.

·
Registered
808 Posts
It looks like taylor doesnt want to fight roy, Im kind of disappointed.
Its not Taylor he said in a radio interview that it didnt matter who he fought he just wanted to get back in the ring asap. I think when he gets done with Tito , they probably setup the Roy fight.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
what a stupid fight. If Tito beats Taylor all he shows is he can beat a guy that has lsot two in a row. if Taylor beats tito (most likely scenario) he just proved he can ebat an over the hill fighter that is at a weight he can't really handle regardless of what his retard father says.
You are right on the money!:thumbsup: Tito has no business being in the ring at these weights. It's all about money for him now. Taylor will just get hounded again like he did with Stinks. No point in this fight!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah but just look at the match up, forget about the aftermath as to what it means to both fighters career. Then what do you think?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
If tito beats taylor ( he wont ) it proves alot more than he beat a guy who lost 2 in a row. because the guy taylor lost to is the undefeated undisputed middleweight champ. Thats nothing to be ashamed of, plus he put up great fights in both. I dont want to see this fight though.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whom ever is promoting Tito and Roy is not doing them any favors
Career wise I agree with you but money wise. They are doing a great job.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its not Taylor he said in a radio interview that it didnt matter who he fought he just wanted to get back in the ring asap. I think when he gets done with Tito , they probably setup the Roy fight.
Yea thats the way it is supposed to go with that situation.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
If tito beats taylor ( he wont ) it proves alot more than he beat a guy who lost 2 in a row. because the guy taylor lost to is the undefeated undisputed middleweight champ. Thats nothing to be ashamed of, plus he put up great fights in both. I dont want to see this fight though.
i completely agree. i think the only reason for taylor to choose tito over roy is the fact he's a safer opponent. there's no way rather see tito get this fight over roy.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i completely agree. i think the only reason for taylor to choose tito over roy is the fact he's a safer opponent. there's no way rather see tito get this fight over roy.
Hes not getting the fight over ROY its that Tito will be first then after Taylor beats him He'll fight Roy.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, but i'd rather see a more competitve matchup now as opposed to later. jones/taylor is competitive, and taylor/trinidad is obviously not as competitive.
Exactily. Thats like asking them to fight a tune up fight after they fight the person they about to tune up for.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
taylor/jones would be one hell of a match up,the only down side is they will put the
screws to us and have it on ppv.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts