Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
the fight

very close. I could not but notice that the hbo guys thought it was very close, maybe leaned to Taylor, but thought a draw was fair for all

and they have no axe to grind.

taylor won, clearly, the last two rounds

Wright and a shot at winning the fight in the 12th, but played a game instead.
had he fought the round, he would have won a close fight.

his corner was telling him, yelling at him, to fight, but he foolishly got it in his head that he had won........not smart

leaving like a cry baby may have cost him a shot at a rematch, which he certainly had before the baby actions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Decision

You have to be kidding me if you think somebody won that fight. Nobody won. I was saying that in the arena before the scores were announced, but after watchin the tivo replay it was even more convincing that the fight was a draw. Also, Taylors eye started from a headbut, not a punch. Although Winky won percentage, Taylor landed more power blows. It was an awesome fight to attend! The action was unbelievable! But if Taylor woulda stayed in the middle of the ring though, and not moved to the corner so much, he woulda killed em. Every time Taylor countered in the corner, Winky would immediately back up. Winky can cry, but the decision was fair.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
1- guys score the fight round by round
2- I had Wright a head by 1 point in the 11th
3- Of course Wright lost the 12th
4- I had the fight a draw
I feel b-hop is still the middle weight champ.
I rank Taylor 1 and Wright below Sam soliman.
I will consider Taylor champion after he beats any fighter ranked it the top 5
Wright gave the fight away and I am glad it happened to him just like Felix vs. Oscar
This tells the fighters fight the whole fight or loose. we the fans benefit from this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
11-12th rounds

What I said was Taylor won the 11-12th rounds. The fight was a draw.

The big disappointment for me was the high priced trainer seem to not help him.

You have to be kidding me if you think somebody won that fight. Nobody won.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Taylor v Wright

Anyone who scored the last round for Taylor must need their eyes checked. He barely threw a punch the entire round. Apparently all you have to do to win a fight anymore is punch as hard as you can against your opponents gloves so people can hear it, it doesn't matter if they land. Winky is the champ. No questions asked.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
JeffKnowsBoxing said:
Anyone who scored the last round for Taylor must need their eyes checked. He barely threw a punch the entire round. Apparently all you have to do to win a fight anymore is punch as hard as you can against your opponents gloves so people can hear it, it doesn't matter if they land. Winky is the champ. No questions asked.
Avoiding and running away from the other guy should win you a round :confused:
Or throwing punches and coming forward trying to engage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wright won easily

How can you have the same judge who judge the last fight between Hopkins and Taylor judge another fight for Taylor so quickly. Boxing is starting to become fixed once again. Everybody who watch the fight and knows fighting know that you do not get points for hitting someone arms or gloves. The announcers know that Wright won this one. Jim Lampley was watching another fight, you can not call something power punches if the othe boxer is blocking the punches with his arms and gloves. Three straight fights Taylor has been saved. If Taylor beat Hopkins by split decision then Winkey should have won the same way. When will boxing get real again. I think HBO has a big contract for Taylor and is helping stay undefeated. He should have three straight loses. Please let boxing get real again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, I totally agree... Winky Wright won that fight... It may not have looked like it to a normal person, but if you actually know boxing you should easily be able to see that Wright won that fight... Jermaine Taylor was throwing power punches which appeals to an audience but the fact is that he wasnt landing them... Winky had a way better percentage of landed punches and he still landed more punches... Wright got him in the corner so many times which only hurt Taylor... Taylors eye was swollen shut, I watched the fight and could say it was great, but we should have a new Middleweight champion right now... Jermaine Taylor always gets these lucky calls... In my opinion he shouldnt of even won the 1st bout between him and Bernard Hopkins... Eventually, he will not be getting these stupid judges and will be officially beaten finally like he deserves...

·
Registered
6 Posts
For those that think ww won

If I thought I was robbed, I would have been screaming for another fight before leaving the ring. I would have made it my theme song at the post-fight news conference. DiD WW??

No, he ran away crying like a baby.

Once he calms down and his manager tells him "you will fight JT again PERIOD!!" They will agree on terms and set another match.

This all just makes it more exciting and then JT will knock him out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
Avoiding and running away from the other guy should win you a round :confused:
Or throwing punches and coming forward trying to engage.

So appently looking like you can barely stand up and not trying to engage should win you a round more then dancing in and out and landing only a couple shots. Jermaine Taylor looked almost as bad in the 12th round of this fight as he did in the 12th of the first Hopkins fight. Thank the lord he got Emmanuel as his trainer or he would have been embarassed like Trinidad was.

·
Registered
116 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
It looks to me is that they want to promote Taylor no matter what happens I guess the only way to beat Taylor is by knock out.
But like I said it was winkys fault for not pressing in the 12 round.

Pretty much any major fight nowadays favors one fighter over the other. Although this kind of sets up an interesting underdog status for one fighter, I really don't like this. Take Hatton for example. You can't tell me he won his fight over Collazo without a little influence on his name.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Word2Action said:
Pretty much any major fight nowadays favors one fighter over the other. Although this kind of sets up an interesting underdog status for one fighter, I really don't like this. Take Hatton for example. You can't tell me he won his fight over Collazo without a little influence on his name.
i am with you hatton got beat 8 out of 12 and was still given the fight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
do the judges hear the commentary because it seems they always favor who ever jim lampley and larry "old fart" merchant is cheering on they did the same with the barrera-morales fight where they heavily praising barrera's every miss while every shot morales landed was not even mentioned i didnt catch the ww-jt fight but i was surprise to here winky should of won because i thought taylor was the better fighter winky has heart and thats the second time its happen to him i thought he won the fight with vargas i guess i have to see it so i can make make my own opinion but from what im reading its going tobe hard to determine the winner:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought that Taylor won by one round. You gotta score the knockdown, and Wright didn't "take it" to the champion. He was landing a good number of shots, but Taylor's punches had more oomf to them.

It was a tough fight to score however. Winky is far from done.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
It was the same thing for holmes and spinks. holmes clearly won but it was fixed twice in a row.:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts