Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Mike Tyson was 16, Teddy Atlas was his amateur career co trainer. Mike Tyson was mentally insane back then too.

Mike Tyson went into Teddy Atlas's home and tried to rape Atlas' daughter. Atlas stuck a gun to Tyson's head and said ,"if you touch my family again, I will kill you." The gun was loaded too.

what's your guy's take on that? Bad ass right?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Atlas is awesome. He's one of the true "good guys" in boxing. He wants nothing but good for the sport. He had a tough life, but he is doing well for himself now. I wish nothing but good for the man. I have a lot of respect for him.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you hear about the scar? All I remember of the story is that it had something to do with Cars, and the guy got out of his car and slashed Teddy across the face with a knife.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Did you hear about the scar? All I remember of the story is that it had something to do with Cars, and the guy got out of his car and slashed Teddy across the face with a knife.
Yes, him and his buddy were driving, and them and some other guys got into an altercation and one got Mr. Atlas with a butterfly knife.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Something you don't want to be on the wrong end of.
You can say that again lol. Nasty things.

I heard about this a while back when I watched a Tyson documentary. Atlas is one of boxing's true guys. He's old school and the game would be worse off without guys like him. He knew Tyson very well, like when he predicted Tyson would get himself DQ'd on purpose.. which then happened.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think that it was really Cus D'mato who brought Tyson to championship level. If it wasn't for Cus, Atlas most definately would have given Tyson the boot.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I think that it was really Cus D'mato who brought Tyson to championship level. If it wasn't for Cus, Atlas most definately would have given Tyson the boot.
It was Cus who ditched Atlas, it was either Teddy or Mike who had to go, and you can't ditch the fighter so Teddy got the boot. D'Mato taught Rooney and Atlas how to fight, and he taught them how to train. He was too old to actively train by that point so he just sort acted as the guru while Atlas did what Cus normally would have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts