Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watch FNF tonight on ESPN? Yorgey got screwed out of a CLEAR unanimous decision and got a MD.

Then Ndlovu CLEARLY beat Beltran, and like I predicted before the fight the judges gave it to Beltran. I'm getting sick of judging like this, and it really takes away from the sport. Absolutely pathetic in my opinion. Thoughts?

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Did ya see Paddy Barnes in the olympics He hit the chinese fighter with two great shots and the chinaman got the points . Teddy was dead right the whole scoring system has to be dumped

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did ya see Paddy Barnes in the olympics He hit the chinese fighter with two great shots and the chinaman got the points . Teddy was dead right the whole scoring system has to be dumped
I gave up on the olympic boxing a week ago, but I DEFINITELY believe you. Tonight was pro judging which makes it even worse. Didn't you watch ESPN's Friday Night Fights? Even Shannon Briggs had Ndlovu beating Beltran.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Anyone else watch FNF tonight on ESPN? Yorgey got screwed out of a CLEAR unanimous decision and got a MD.

Then Ndlovu CLEARLY beat Beltran, and like I predicted before the fight the judges gave it to Beltran. I'm getting sick of judging like this, and it really takes away from the sport. Absolutely pathetic in my opinion. Thoughts?
I had Ndlovu by 2 rounds. He should of won. I didn't see the other fight. Didn't get home in time.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yorgey clearly won the first fight by a wide margin, and the first judge (female) had it 114-114. The other two judges had Yorgey ahead by at least 3.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I saw the Yogey fight and I in shock wondering if he was going to get robbed. But thank God he didn't. I have no idea where the female judge had the score a draw. I missed the last part of the main event, but from what I saw, Ndlovu was winning the fight.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts

Did they have the same judges both fights? because that Female Judge must have been watchin something else....Yorgey should have won a lopsided decision and Ndlovu won by SD ...it does mess up the sport, I dont know how the hell some of these people become judges

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I had yorgey sweeping the first 6 rounds with relative ease. I turned it off to watch track and field after that. I can't imagine lehollier doing any better in the last half. Yorgey clearly won that fight by a wide margin. I had Ndl beating beltran by 1 round. Bad judging especialy in the first fight. But at least the right guy won. The 2nd fight was closer, but the the wrong guy won imo.

·
8,579 Posts
I gave up on the olympic boxing a week ago, but I DEFINITELY believe you. Tonight was pro judging which makes it even worse. Didn't you watch ESPN's Friday Night Fights? Even Shannon Briggs had Ndlovu beating Beltran.
I missed fri night fights was out celebrating my birthday at a surprise party I knew nothing about LOL

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It's getting to be a regular theme these days. Very poor performances from referees, ignorance from state boards, incompetent judges, and the wrong guys winning all too often is definitely putting a damper on all the great things that are going on. Ndlovu clearly won, but I knew full well that Beltran was going to get the nod. I'm still pissed about what happened with Humberto Soto. That draw between Luevano and Santiago was lame as well. The Anthony Thompson fight the other night was another atrocity.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
What would some of you guys perfer they do to change this? Any ideas?
I'd like to request 15 rounders. This way there are more knockouts and less judging going on. I know this is not a very humane thing to say, but its true.

·
8,579 Posts
I'd like to request 15 rounders. This way there are more knockouts and less judging going on. I know this is not a very humane thing to say, but its true.
I think the 12 round championship fights are OK There is only one reason we have this problem... Incompetant or crooked officiating we can all have our own opinion of which each case may be. This will not be solved until referees and judges are taken to task for blatently obvious bad officiating.Fines levied and removal of licence to the bad ones This cannot be achieved until we have a countrywide commision to oversee it. The ideal man to head it would be Teddy Atlas. Love him or hate him Teddy loves boxing he'd be the ideal head honcho telling em just the way it is

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Or we could have 5 judges and let the referee use instant replay.
I think the 12 round championship fights are OK There is only one reason we have this problem... Incompetant or crooked officiating we can all have our own opinion of which each case may be. This will not be solved until referees and judges are taken to task for blatently obvious bad officiating.Fines levied and removal of licence to the bad ones This cannot be achieved until we have a countrywide commision to oversee it. The ideal man to head it would be Teddy Atlas. Love him or hate him Teddy loves boxing he'd be the ideal head honcho telling em just the way it is
Both reasonable idea's.

After each professional basketball game, each ref has to rewatched the game and assess their performance. Then they have to write a report on it as to why they did the things they did and if they made any mistakes. I think this would be good for boxing if they did something like this. At least this way we get to understand the judges better and why they did what they did in any given fight.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like the 15 round idea as well. At least an odd number of rounds:dunno:.

Great suggestion about incorporating the NBA system as well. It's called ACCOUNTABILITY and it doesn't appear that referees or judges have any which would mean that the organizations, sanctioning bodies, and state commissions don't have any either.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Judge the judges.
I'd like to go to 15 rounds, but not because I think it would result in better decisions. I just feel that in most 12-round fights both fighters usually seem to have something left in the tank at the end. Boxing matches are more compelling at 15 rounds.
The 15 round idea could very well be a good one, but it has a zero chance at happening.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts