Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Now that I'm in decent shape I'm starting to ask around about amateur events in my area but this whole process is still very foreign to me. I go to a gym where all the boxing equipment is upstairs and I am always the only one in there which makes it hard to find a sparring partner. How ridiculous a thought is it to go into the ring without doing any sparring at all?

Also I need to find a coach to get certified but that also appears to be easier said then done. If I were to get one of my friends certified, what kind of process is that for him? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well that's simple, Under 17, you need parents permission, 40 dollars or so, a copy of your physical results from a doctor or physician, student ID or drivers liscense, and of course, you'd need an application filled by your trainer, over 19 is obvious, the only real way to get certified, is to join a gym. Why would anyone even think of fighting without joining a gym and having a trainer? That's like suicide.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's simple, Under 17, you need parents permission, 40 dollars or so, a copy of your physical results from a doctor or physician, student ID or drivers liscense, and of course, you'd need an application filled by your trainer, over 19 is obvious, the only real way to get certified, is to join a gym. Why would anyone even think of fighting without joining a gym and having a trainer? That's like suicide.
Well I'm 27, I have been training at a gym for a good 3 years, I just don't have anyone to spar with or anyone that is a certified trainer or coach. Which is why I asked the question to begin with.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright well not much help. Maybe I can get at least what my first step is... How do I go out getting my license if my gym doesnt offer it? Can I just sign up through USA Boxing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts