Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

how bad was tonights stoppage and what should happen to Cortez?

• good call by Cortez, I agree 100%, hes good and should continue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont agree but was reasonable. Cortez is fine...

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Not a good call. But Cortez just made one mistake, he should continue

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Horrible call. Cortez must get out of this businisess

Votes: 10 62.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats it for me... I cant stand that kind of ruling, Soto just suffered a HUGE injustice and for thats enough of Joe Cortez. He must go

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Thats it for me... I cant stand that kind of ruling, Soto just suffered a HUGE injustice and for thats enough of Joe Cortez. He must go
LOL Bunce called him stupid, pathetic and was like a "prostitute tapping everyone at ringside about what happened" :laugh: He must go, that was a stupid decision. Soto was very unlucky :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I have been caught defending Cortez in the past but i promise you that wont happen after tonight, the guy id def getting too old for this.

I do not believe hes crooked or gets paid off or anything like that i just dont think hes good enough to be reffing title fights anymore.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
That was a joke by Cortez tonight.

Diaz is getting a serious serious beat down. Manny looks very good tonight.
Idd all my previous statements about Kahn having a change against Pac are not drawn back, Kahn would get beat down bad.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Freaking pathetic, especially while they were all confering, while Lorenzo sat there bleeding to death, I though a fighters safety was pryority, Cortez needs to retire he's senile.....

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
bad call but what can you do, Im confident it'll be over turned.
you can s*** can the ref to amke sure he doesn't screw up another fight. Cortez is a jerk-off. I hope he has a holiday in England and gets mauled.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Freaking pathetic, especially while they were all confering, while Lorenzo sat there bleeding to death, I though a fighters safety was pryority, Cortez needs to retire he's senile.....
I think it's already too late :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
What an absolute disgrace! Poor Humberto. He's a genuinely good guy and his career just took a huge hit. Even though everyone in the world knows he won that fight via TKO and that he's a legit gatekeeper, his seven losses are hard on the eyes. Cortez blew it big time when when he went in and broke them up as if to stop the fight while both guys were still throwing. And that was a glancing blow if I've ever seen one! There was no intent, Lorenzo had just went down a split second earlier, and I'm no doctor, but there's no way in hell that a concussion was caused by that! BS. Pisses me off just as much as it did Manny Steward.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I told ya'll months ago that Joe Cortez was corrupt and incompetant but many of you argued that he was a great referee. Now lets seeya defend the clown. Cortez , Kizer and vegas boxing are all corrupt

·
8,579 Posts
bad call but what can you do, Im confident it'll be over turned.
C'mon Lance lets here you say what a wonderful ref Joe Cortez is now.
You said after the Hatton-Mayfeather fight he was the best. You cannot say there was no corruption there when Kiser and Cortez where whispering Cortez hand his hand over his mike. What was worse they left the poor guy bleediong bad on his own in ring no one cared

·
8,579 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Cortez had a terrible performance tonight. Was it him or the commisioner who made the call of DQ? I think it was the commisioner. I don't really care that much about Cortez. It was clear who won that fight. I feel it will be overturned.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
C'mon Lance lets here you say what a wonderful ref Joe Cortez is now.
You said after the Hatton-Mayfeather fight he was the best. You cannot say there was no corruption there when Kiser and Cortez where whispering Cortez hand his hand over his mike. What was worse they left the poor guy bleediong bad on his own in ring no one cared
It was a bad call. But to call Cortez corrupt is going over board. Soto is the bigger name. Why would they give the win to Lorenzo? It makes no sense. It was just a bad call

·
Registered
96 Posts
Terrific Refereeing job tonight, it was some great work. I guess corrupt and boxing go hand in hand.

Actually the ref in the main event was not that good either, should have stopped the fight a round or two earlier IMO. Diaz is a tuff guy, he didnt need to take that punishment, he was not offering much in return and was not going to win the fight by KO, because thats the only way he could have won. I didnt want to see the guy get KOed like that.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I told ya'll months ago that Joe Cortez was corrupt and incompetant but many of you argued that he was a great referee. Now lets seeya defend the clown. Cortez , Kizer and vegas boxing are all corrupt
He ain't corrupt. Just bad. :mad:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.