Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
how many cotto margy thread do we need?
We cant have too many this is the fight of the year. Two REAL fighters ready to GET IT ON

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Cotto will never be bended over like Cintron waiting for Margarito to nail him, I think Margarito is gonna be punching a lot of air that night..
Also I know Cotto's trying but he should work on his speech delivery I couldn't understand half of the stuff he said..

·
Registered
219 Posts
The most anticipated fight of the year in my book by far, count on

nether fighter to be the same after this one is said and done.

I only wish one of them could have fought Floyd Jr. before this carnage

takes its toll on the both of them.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
The most anticipated fight of the year in my book by far, count on

nether fighter to be the same after this one is said and done.

I only wish one of them could have fought Floyd Jr. before this carnage

takes its toll on the both of them.
Good point :thumbsup: but hopefully if DeLaHoya puts his money where his mouth is this time , he should give Money May a good working over also.... that's probably easier said than done huh?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
DLH looked bad against Forbes. Floyd will pick him apart. I don't think Cotto is going to take that much punishment from the statue.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Oscar never looked bad against Forbes. :confused:

He looked very good.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He looked alright against a lesser opponent and he said himself he was disappointed he didn't knock him out. Not to mention he was marked up pretty bad.
Its not a tickling contest of course his face will mark up. That doesn't get away from the fact he won every round.

Nobody knocks Forbes out either, nobody hurts that guy even. Well except Oscar who stunned him a few times.

Forbes is a hard fighter to look goof against, Oscar managed it.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its not a tickling contest of course his face will mark up. That doesn't get away from the fact he won every round.

Nobody knocks Forbes out either, nobody hurts that guy even. Well except Oscar who stunned him a few times.

Forbes is a hard fighter to look goof against, Oscar managed it.
Yeah but who has he fought? This fight shouldn't have gone the distance Oscar said it himself. I didn't see anything in that fight that convinced me he'll do better in the rematch against Floyd. Did you?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Yeah but who has he fought? This fight shouldn't have gone the distance Oscar said it himself. I didn't see anything in that fight that convinced me he'll do better in the rematch against Floyd. Did you?
Yes, he sustained his jab for 12 rounds, he did not attrack like an out of control windmill either.

Oscar working his way in off the jab will cause Mayweather a lot of problems if he's able to sustain it like that.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, he sustained his jab for 12 rounds, he did not attrack like an out of control windmill either.

Oscar working his way in off the jab will cause Mayweather a lot of problems if he's able to sustain it like that.
If he tries to relax against Floyd and drop his hands like he did against Forbes he's gonna get tagged. Oscar needs to be tense that's when he's at his best. His jab will help him against Floyd but if he throws it consistently Floyd will use it against him eventually.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
If he tries to relax against Floyd and drop his hands like he did against Forbes he's gonna get tagged. Oscar needs to be tense that's when he's at his best. His jab will help him against Floyd but if he throws it consistently Floyd will use it against him eventually.
Mayweather could not deal with the jab. That is one of his only defensive flaws not being able to deal with a fast accurate jab.

I disagree that he needs to be tense, that will work against him because it expands a lot more energy.

Oscar is not going to be able to stop Floyds right hands but he will be able to limit them if he keeps working off the jab for 12.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Highly doubt Oscar does better in the rematch with floyd. He did horribly in the Forbes fight in my opinion even if he did win every round those were 12 very close rounds.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Highly doubt Oscar does better in the rematch with floyd. He did horribly in the Forbes fight in my opinion even if he did win every round those were 12 very close rounds.
You must be an Oscar hater, you scored his fight with Forbes even. LOL!

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mayweather could not deal with the jab. That is one of his only defensive flaws not being able to deal with a fast accurate jab.

I disagree that he needs to be tense, that will work against him because it expands a lot more energy.

Oscar is not going to be able to stop Floyds right hands but he will be able to limit them if he keeps working off the jab for 12.
Oscar will give Floyd trouble with his jab no doubt but I think Floyd will adapt and find a way to counter it. He was being very careful in their first fight because he had a lot of respect for Oscar's speed, skiils and power. But now Floyd knows what to expect so he will correct his own mistakes and capitalize on Oscar's even more. Don't be surprised if he's the aggressor in the rematch.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts