Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a boxing game that has so many legends in them. I'm talking Larry Holmes, Jack Dempsey, Muhammad Ali, Sonny Liston, Joe Louis, and Holyfield and more. Everyone always recommends me Fight Night Round 3 but it has barely any of the legends. Just the current fighters. I want Lennox Lewis in it too. Also, Fight Night doesn't allow me to have computers fight against computers. I like that just to fantasize if a boxer fought this boxer. Can anyone recommend me a boxing game with these requirements?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I watch the computer fight the computer all the time with my Fight Night games. I actually have Winky vs Mayweather on right now on Fight Night 2. Mayweather is getting his ass kicked because he's a lightweight in this game.

My favorite is Fight Night 2 because I'm basically undefeated in it since I got the hang of the game like 2 weeks into it. I really can't lose in that game, but Fight Night 3 is more realistic and although I'm good, but I'm somewhat beatable at that one.

·
Banned
589 Posts
I watch the computer fight the computer all the time with my Fight Night games. I actually have Winky vs Mayweather on right now on Fight Night 2. Mayweather is getting his ass kicked because he's a lightweight in this game.

My favorite is Fight Night 2 because I'm basically undefeated in it since I got the hang of the game like 2 weeks into it. I really can't lose in that game, but Fight Night 3 is more realistic and although I'm good, but I'm somewhat beatable at that one.
I Like You And All Doc, But I'll Whip That Ass In Round 2:laugh: I Agree Round 3 Is More Realistic, But Two Is More Of A Chess Match When You Fight Some One Who Knows How To Fight. Also Round 2 Is Alot Harder On Hard Than Round 3, Every Parry In Round 2 By The CPU Is Returned With A Haymaker. Try It On Hard And See If Your Still Unbeatable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Fight Night Round 3 is good, but it has it's flaws. They don't have many boxers and the amount of times a boxer gets up from a knockdown is ridiculous.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Fight Night Round 3 is good, but it has it's flaws. They don't have many boxers and the amount of times a boxer gets up from a knockdown is ridiculous.
Do What I Did, Thanks To All Of The Fighting Styles You Can Make Your Creation Of The Guys You Want. Like I've Got The Welterweight Division Filled With Cuurrent, And If You Do It Closely Enough You Get A Good Result. For Example, My Zab Judah Gets Tired After 5, My Paul Williams Throws Alot Of Punches, And My Cotto's Fav Punch Is The Left Hook To The Body. When You Let The PC Fight Each Other They Resemble The Fighters Pretty Closely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do What I Did, Thanks To All Of The Fighting Styles You Can Make Your Creation Of The Guys You Want. Like I've Got The Welterweight Division Filled With Cuurrent, And If You Do It Closely Enough You Get A Good Result. For Example, My Zab Judah Gets Tired After 5, My Paul Williams Throws Alot Of Punches, And My Cotto's Fav Punch Is The Left Hook To The Body. When You Let The PC Fight Each Other They Resemble The Fighters Pretty Closely.
Yes, but question is how can I let comptuers fight? I have the PSP version but maybe if you tell me the option, I can find it.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I Like You And All Doc, But I'll Whip That Ass In Round 2:laugh: I Agree Round 3 Is More Realistic, But Two Is More Of A Chess Match When You Fight Some One Who Knows How To Fight. Also Round 2 Is Alot Harder On Hard Than Round 3, Every Parry In Round 2 By The CPU Is Returned With A Haymaker. Try It On Hard And See If Your Still Unbeatable.
LMFAO, Are you kidding me?

The computer? I practice with the computer on hard using a featherweight and have the computer as a heavyweight. I win by KO every time. Having it on hard is a given.

When I say I'm undefeated I mean that everyone that I know that has or has played the game, Ive challange, and beat. I haven't lost to the computer, or any human being in that game since I've got the hang of it.

Online I don't like playing becuase of the lag. In person I'm pretty much unbeatable. Honestly!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes, but question is how can I let comptuers fight? I have the PSP version but maybe if you tell me the option, I can find it.

Go to the contoller settings and put them both in the middle.

What I mean is, you know how you can pick corners to fight in? Left or right? Well, put both sides in the middle and the computer will fight itself. Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
589 Posts
LMFAO, Are you kidding me?

The computer? I practice with the computer on hard using a featherweight and have the computer as a heavyweight. I win by KO every time.

When I say I'm undefeated I mean that everyone that I know that has or has played the game, Ive challange, and beat. I haven't lost to the computer, or any human being in that game since I've got the hang of it.

Online I don't like playing becuase of the lag. In person I'm pretty much unbeatable. Honestly!
On Round 2????? Are You Serious? You As A Featherweight Vs. A Heavyweight? And you Win By KO Every Time? Im Sorry But I Just Cant Believe That. Knowing The Game Myself, I Know The Power Swing Is Tremendous. A Haymaker Is Like A Tired Hook In That Circumstance, And Opening Up Offense On The CPU Is Difficult As Hell. After Every Two Or Three Punches Landed The CPU Automatically Parry's Your Next Shot And Comes Back With A Haymaker. A Featherweight Cant Stand Up To 2 Rounds Of That, Let Alone KO Him. Then The Reach Is A Big Problem. I Cant See It Happening, Even with An Incredible Hulk Looking Featherweight. Now In Round 3 That Is Possible, Becuz I Do It All The Time Except I Go Lightweight Vs. Heavyweight.

I Agree The Lag Is Annoying.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Dude, it's very possible. I just KO'd Ali with Barrera before reading this post LOL

I'm a counter puncher. I parry the computer at will. It's actually too easy for me. I wish it were more of a challange. That's why I love playing new people. Although they usually suck as well.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Dude, it's very possible. I just KO'd Ali with Barrera before reading this post LOL

I'm a counter puncher. I parry the computer at will. It's actually too easy for me. I wish it were more of a challange. That's why I love playing new people. Although they usually suck as well.
you are absolutely correct, rd! i done knocked out heavys using lightweights a number of times. to play fight night in any mode other than hard should be outlawed!:cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Once you get where you can parry everything you have the game mastered and its pointless. I'm like you Doc. I haven't been beaten in round two, but I've taken a few L's in round 3 because of the ridiculous time it takes to throw a haymaker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts