Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Which is the best and deepest division in boxing?

• Light Heavyweights-175-169

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welterweights-147-141

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Lightweights-135-131

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Super Bantamweights-122-119

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Super Flyweights-115-113

Votes: 3 15.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top Light Heavyweights
Calzaghe, Hopkins, Dawson, Tarver, Johnson, Erdei, Jones Jr., Diaconu, Woods, Henry, Garay
Top Prospects: T Cloud, S George

Top Welterweights
Cotto, Mosley, Margarito, Williams, Judah, Clottey, Quintana, Collazo, Berto, Bonsu
Top Prospects: M Jones, Abregu, D Garcia

Top Lightweights
Casamayor, Campbell, Juan Diaz, Pacquiao, JMMarquez, Guzman, Santa Cruz, Julio Diaz, Katsidis, Khan, Funeka
Top Prospects: A Peterson, P Moses, Antillon

Top Super Bantamweights
Vazquez, R. Marquez, Caballero, JMLopez, Molitor, Kratingdaenggym, Ponce De Leon, J. Gonzalez, R. Munroe, Bautista, Ndlovu
Top Prospects: Oliviera, Rojas, Lontchi

Top Super Flyweights
Mijares, Montiel, Munoz, Kirilov, Donaire, Arce, Nashiro, Navarro, Darchinyan, Z Gorres, AJ Banal, R. Vasquez
Top Prospects: Lookmahanak, R Martinez, Onaga

Who can claim to be the best?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I was hoping Heavys were an option!

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
for me it's a toss up between lightweight and welterweight. They are jsut retarded deep in talent.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
After pac, jmm and Guzman moved up i have to go with Lw :)

so many matches happening and so many possible matches :)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I went with WW, but I regret it already. IMO if you take Floyd out of the equation there's only really Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Clottey, Berto, and Williams that matter. Hell it is just about the same as lightweight. Nevermind, they're both amazing!

Great thread idea, Hector! That's why you're one of the best members here homie! I like how you and Nate come up with thoughtful threads like this. Props.

P.S. next time click the option, when making the poll, that says "make votes public." That way posters can see who voted for who. No biggie though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
For me it's WW

Good poll

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with WW, but I regret it already. IMO if you take Floyd out of the equation there's only really Cotto, Margarito, Mosley, Clottey, Berto, and Williams that matter. Hell it is just about the same as lightweight. Nevermind, they're both amazing!

Great thread idea, Hector! That's why you're one of the best members here homie! I like how you and Nate come up with thoughtful threads like this. Props.

P.S. next time click the option, when making the poll, that says "make votes public." That way posters can see who voted for who. No biggie though.
Thanks S, I'll remember that for the next one

Good topic indeed and I say lightweight, without a doubt.
Thanks, for me it's not without a doubt though

For me it's WW

Good poll
Thanks

122 and 115 are underrated they fight the most often against top contenders. Whats left with 122 is Vazquez and Marquez recuperating and fighting other top 122 pounders. 115 needs desperate exposure I dont remember how far ago Mijares-Munoz was, and I still havent seen it, how can you not coordinate a unification fight with a non ppv date.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The smaller divisions sadly get no love. I agree there.
You are probabbly a Calderon lover, he is the definition of sweet science for me. I've watched all his fights and like 5 of them live @ the arena, here in P.R.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
You are probabbly a Calderon lover, he is the definition of sweet science for me. I've watched all his fights and like 5 of them live @ the arena, here in P.R.
Yeah I'm a big fan of Calderon. I wish he had heavier hands, but screw it. The guy is a damn good boxer which is what I like. Good guess. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah I'm a big fan of Calderon. I wish he had heavier hands, but screw it. The guy is a damn good boxer which is what I like. Good guess. :thumbsup:
I think he is going ro loose against Cazares this next fight cuz there are no weight restrictions this time

:dunno::(

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Calderon is a great boxer and went up and beat the top in a higher division, but he doesnt belong at that weight. If Cazares learned at least a little bit on how to cut off the ring he will ko IC in the rematch. I wonder why he doesnt get bashed for running that entire fight?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Lightweight without doubt for me. Also seems like Soto and Valero will be joining Pac and Guzman stepping up adding even more depth.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I voted for welterweights because not only the top fighters are great but there are also very good contenders and some prospects.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hes from Brazil so Pepe, Gilberto or Emerson is my guess :p
LMAO^^^. Shane you know the odds on that, if Cazares is the underdog I'ma rape the budget. Hugo is too big and will smash him to the body and cut that running shitt out, late ko just as Ivan was getting in top 10 p4p. He needs to stay away from Solis and Segura too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts