Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think was the best heavyweight that was never champ? I would have to say Earnie Shavers, Gerry Cooney, or Jerry Quarry. What do you think?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had always hoped that Oliver Mcall would be able to put himself back together after his break down with Lewis. I think he has fought a couple of times since but I thought he had some talent.
Andrew Golatta was another big disapointment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In addition to aforementioned, Sanders (could be really good and solid champ), Ibeabuchi (spelling) is another one, too bad he went ape****.

·
Registered
270 Posts
boxing2005 said:
In addition to aforementioned, Sanders (could be really good and solid champ), Ibeabuchi (spelling) is another one, too bad he went ape****.

Hi,B2005-
Corrie Sanders was breifly the WBO Champ after he KO'd Vlad Klitschko. He then gave up that belt to face the other Klitshcko for the vacant WBC title and lost. Your right about Ike Ibeabuchi,he most likely would've been "The Man" had his outside the Ring troubles not happened.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dave Murphy said:
Hi,B2005-
Corrie Sanders was breifly the WBO Champ after he KO'd Vlad Klitschko. He then gave up that belt to face the other Klitshcko for the vacant WBC title and lost. Your right about Ike Ibeabuchi,he most likely would've been "The Man" had his outside the Ring troubles not happened.
Ouch, you're right about Sanders, he did win the WBO belt, didn't he? But I think he could've been a much better recognized champ if he dedicated himself to the sport.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
me!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
hey im still only 23 maybe there's still time.:thumbsdown: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol :laugh: Hey you know the european featherweight champ right? Well ask him to train you.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
lol :laugh: Hey you know the european featherweight champ right? Well ask him to train you.
ive trained with a guy called micheal sprott when i was in london he has a win and 2 loses against danny williams the guy who stopped tyson thats my claim to fame.:laugh:

he was very encouraging towards me after going 2or3 light rounds, i also feel my punch resistance is very good it gave me a lot of confidence training with micheal.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats right, Tony 'two ton" Galento was really good, he knocked Joe Louis down. Tony's final record was 73 wins, 26 lost, 5 draws, with ? knock outs. Thats pretty good.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
jerry quarry could have been champ in another era.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I already said Quarry, but he would be champ now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts