Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which fighter do you think have the best resume of all-time? To be a great, there is no doubt you need to have a great tally of wins over top-class opponents, but who has the best? Personally, on paper i would say SRL has a good shout, his top 4 wins of Hearns, Duran, Hagler and Benitez probably cannot be rivalled by any ON PAPER. Another candidate maybe Muhammad Ali, wins over Liston, Patterson, Frazier x2, Foreman, and two wins over Norton.

I dont really know personally, who do you think?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'd say oscar delahoya has an awesome resume. Although he lost some of his big fights. He has wins over prime quartey, prime vargas, ( he should of got the W over prime trinidad ) and Felix Sturm ( although he should of lost ) he still has a great resume, win or lose haha.

I'd also Say Evander Holyfield has a great resume along with Manny Pacquiao.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
bill1234 said:
Ali, Leonard, Hearns, and Robinson all have out standing resumes. Holmes would be a good choice if almosts counted...
Def agree with those excellent resumes!!! As for fighting now it would have to be Oscar. Like tysonjones said win or lose its a great list!!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
oscar won and lost half of his biggest fights, but honestly, the only man to defeat him at his most naturaly weight was mosley and mayweather. And he should of got the nod against mosley the 2nd time around. On paper. manny pacquiao has a hell of a resume.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
The first half of Tyson's career looks great on paper, two huge names, Holmes and Spinks. The main problem was that Mike fell short in some of his biggest fights, Holyfield and Lewis, and the Douglas is a big knock on his resume. Other than that, Tyson's isn't that bad. Of course, the Williams and McBride losses also are a decent sized knock.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
roberto duran easily has the best resume of all time, its not even close guys. :)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
anything after the lost to douglas is oblivious imo on tyson's career, especialy williams and mcbridge. those are retarded to bring up. You wouldnt brin gup camach on leonards record. Hell half the people dont even know about it. Hell half the people dont know that leonard lost to terry norris.

Duran has a good record, but his resume isnt great.

He lost to leonard twice, hagler and got knocked out in the 2nd against hearns. I believe he lost to wilfred benetiz and esteban dejesus in his prime as well.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
TysonJones said:
anything after the lost to douglas is oblivious imo on tyson's career, especialy williams and mcbridge. those are retarded to bring up. You wouldnt brin gup camach on leonards record. Hell half the people dont even know about it. Hell half the people dont know that leonard lost to terry norris.

Duran has a good record, but his resume isnt great.

He lost to leonard twice, hagler and got knocked out in the 2nd against hearns. I believe he lost to wilfred benetiz and esteban dejesus in his prime as well.
Then you can't count anyone elses past prime fights. Holmes went undefeated until he was 3-4 years past his primes, even then it was controversial, but we still have to count it. Duran was above his natural weight at welter and middle. He was a monster at leightweight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
he also beat fighters like SRL to lance.

kobayashi.
ken buchannan
de jesus. x3
SRL x3
wilfred beneitez
kirkland lange
pipino cuevas
marvin hagler
tommy hearns
iran barkley
vinny pazienza x2
hector "macho" camacho x2
william joppy.

thats just the stand out names on durans record lance theres at least another 20-30-40 fighters who were all top contenders in there day who beat great fighters and were champs.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TommyGunn said:
he also beat fighters like SRL to lance.

kobayashi.
ken buchannan
de jesus. x3
SRL x3
wilfred beneitez
kirkland lange
pipino cuevas
marvin hagler
tommy hearns
iran barkley
vinny pazienza x2
hector "macho" camacho x2
william joppy.

thats just the stand out names on durans record lance theres at least another 20-30-40 fighters who were all top contenders in there day who beat great fighters and were champs.
Those fights accounted for 12 of his losses, no doubt he has a very good resume but he came out second best against most of the top guys he faced above Lightweight. Duran is probably the only guy to beat SRL in his prime, but SRL beat him convincingly in the next two bouts. Ali and Leonard both surpass Duran's resume IMO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Those fights accounted for 12 of his losses, no doubt he has a very good resume but he came out second best against most of the top guys he faced above Lightweight. Duran is probably the only guy to beat SRL in his prime, but SRL beat him convincingly in the next two bouts. Ali and Leonard both surpass Duran's resume IMO.
i didn't think the title of this thread had anything to doi with loses. :dunno:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
LeedsLad said:
On paper, Hopkins has a very good resume. Johnson, Trinidad, Joppy, DLH, Tarver and Wright, also fought Jones and Taylor twice.
as to would gatti. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts