Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you ever fight a guy who is bigger ( taller ) than you by about 5-6 inch , is it hard to win over him ..
while i was wrestling it was nothing for me beating a taller guy .. but it seems more difficult in boxing .. yea it easy to duck under a punch when you're short but i just cant reachem easy :dunno:

any ideas

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like to wade in with the peek-a-bo style bobbin and weaving like (Frazier) and throw bombs. Cut the ring off and smother them. Push them around and make them go backwards. Head and body fake like you are coming in to make them reach then unload. Always stay busy because they have the distance advantage.

·
Registered
198 Posts
When I was a young buck, I had the opportunity to scrap with plenty of guys bigger than me. I not that big, 5'7 at the time my weight was only 165 pounds, so there was more than enough big guys who would try to impress some disco bunny by finding me and trying to wipe the walls with me. If it looked like he was "too big" for me, I usually just insulted his intelligence or his looks just to throw him a curve ball. I called most of them ugly, or something to the effect, just most of those A$$holes were just jealous of the kittens swinging off my arms.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I spared a guy that was 5 inches taller and 40lbs heavier then me... It didn't go to well for me. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bill1234 said:
I spared a guy that was 5 inches taller and 40lbs heavier then me... It didn't go to well for me. :(
MAN .. dont say that .. ( ohh sh1t ..and i was gonna ask you to be my boxing godfather :( )

although i dont like to stick to someone else style .. but i find it very benificial to stick to rocky marciano's way when fighting a bigger guy keep ducking so your head is most of the time moving at the level of his belt its hard hor him to land punchis this angle .. and you go up with upper cuts .. i tried it with my training partner and it works ( at least for a new guy like me :dunno: )

ohh my nose is pretty swollen and painful i heard that the nasal septum can be entirely removed so that it never breaks did anyone try that??

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
phoenix said:
MAN .. dont say that .. ( ohh sh1t ..and i was gonna ask you to be my boxing godfather :( )

although i dont like to stick to someone else style .. but i find it very benificial to stick to rocky marciano's way when fighting a bigger guy keep ducking so your head is most of the time moving at the level of his belt its hard hor him to land punchis this angle .. and you go up with upper cuts .. i tried it with my training partner and it works ( at least for a new guy like me :dunno: )

ohh my nose is pretty swollen and painful i heard that the nasal septum can be entirely removed so that it never breaks did anyone try that??
Sorry, but it was my first time in the ring to and the guy had 3 and 1/2 years of experience, I had 6 months! So I was bound to get beat up. My nose was red and swollen at the end too. But yes, Marciano's style was obviously effective. I dropped my friend twice using that style and he weighs about 50 more lbs than me, and he was about 6 inches taller. So don't get to worried.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts