Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Louis vs Marciano

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the biggest fight in boxing history. The most important fight. The fight that meant the most to boxing. The fight that everyone will remember forever. The fight thats not considered a fight but a sporting event in witch celebritys attended because it was the place to be as the world stood still.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Muhammed Ali vs George Foreman

I voted Ali/frazier since non of the other matches are deserving.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I wanted to vote ali frazier

but if were talking about the place wear celebrities came out, had a sold out crowd, did 2.5 million in ppv buys. First time a boxing match had a 4 part countdown. this fight was big. It wasnt the best fight in boxing, but It proved to be the biggest to today's audience.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
All three were great fights, and mean lot to me. I've seen them so many times though that I don't plan on watching again anytime soon. But the biggest fight in history, the numbers show that floyd vs oscar were.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
My vote: Oscar De La Hoya vs Floyd Mayweather Jr

-Story line
-Numbers
-It's value to boxing in the time of uncertainty
-It's success in bringing back the sport

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's def Ali-Frazier but I just had to go with my favorite...Tyson vs Holyfield

I just wish it was a complete different result, if you know what I'm saying. haha

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Holyfield-Tyson 2. The hype behind that was incredible.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
What was the biggest fight in boxing history. The most important fight. The fight that meant the most to boxing. The fight that everyone will remember forever. The fight thats not considered a fight but a sporting event in witch celebritys attended because it was the place to be as the world stood still.
You wrote biggest fight even instead of ever. Just wanted to let you know.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think people that vote Mayweather vs DLH are crazy that fight did more good for MMA than it ever did for boxing.

Now you might be thinking that im crazy but think about it, alot of people were starting to get interested in MMA and less interested in boxing. But they think omg this fight is gonna be huge!!! And and order it and then the fight turn out to be one of the worst and most boring mega fights ever and i promise you that they were all cursing because they were so stupid to believe boxing was making a comeback and they should saved their money for the MMA ppv.

If that fight would have been anything close to SRL vs Tommy Hearns i would problaby agree with you guys but imo that fight did nothing for boxing and whats helping boxing today is that there are big stars fighting eachother.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Muhammed Ali vs George Foreman

I voted Ali/frazier since non of the other matches are deserving.
I was gonna put that fight up there but I thought that I already had to many to chose from.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
All three were great fights, and mean lot to me. I've seen them so many times though that I don't plan on watching again anytime soon. But the biggest fight in history, the numbers show that floyd vs oscar were.
Numbers dont mean a thing. This was the REAL heavyweight champion Ali,
till he had his title stolen from him, taking on the man that beat the other contenders. In Ali's eyes Joe the caretaker of the title only holding it till he returned from exile. This was as good as it gets
Tell ya what guys In my book Ali was the best heavyweight champion ever but how do you think he'd have fared had he never had to take that undeserved 3 yr lay-off? I think he'd have never been defeated

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Numbers dont mean a thing. This was the REAL heavyweight champion Ali,
till he had his title stolen from him, taking on the man that beat the other contenders. In Ali's eyes Joe the caretaker of the title only holding it till he returned from exile. This was as good as it gets
Tell ya what guys In my book Ali was the best heavyweight champion ever but how do you think he'd have fared had he never had to take that undeserved 3 yr lay-off? I think he'd have never been defeated
I agree 1000% :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think people that vote Mayweather vs DLH are crazy that fight did more good for MMA than it ever did for boxing.

Now you might be thinking that im crazy but think about it, alot of people were starting to get interested in MMA and less interested in boxing. But they think omg this fight is gonna be huge!!! And and order it and then the fight turn out to be one of the worst and most boring mega fights ever and i promise you that they were all cursing because they were so stupid to believe boxing was making a comeback and they should saved their money for the MMA ppv.

If that fight would have been anything close to SRL vs Tommy Hearns i would problaby agree with you guys but imo that fight did nothing for boxing and whats helping boxing today is that there are big stars fighting eachother.
It asks for the biggest fight. DLH-Mayweather has proven to be the biggest based on numbers. I don't vote on things I wasn't around to witness. That's like those 18 year old kids who say things like, "Bob Cousy was the best pointguard of all time."

1 - 20 of 32 Posts