Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have done this a week ago, but better late than never. I'm gonna keep this one short and simple.

Speed - Berto>Forbes
Berto has the P4P fastest hands in boxing. Andre also has the quicker feet, but it's more of a tossup in reflexes.

Power - Berto>Forbes
Forbes has never been a puncher, but could get your respect, at 147 he is one of the weakest hitters in the division. Berto doesn't have heavy hands, but his fast hands allow him to hit opponents with shots they can't see.

Chin - Berto<Forbes
Steve's defense allows him to take the steam off of a lot of shots, but when that doesn't work he can rely on a P4P one of the best chins' in boxing. We've seen Berto's chin get tested when he was knocked down against Cosme Rivera, but he does have an ok chin from what he's shown.

Stamina - Berto=Forbes
Both guys are steady, they are consistent for the most part, but they have shown to get tired some when they are pressured. No one has a real edge here.

Experience - Berto<Forbes
Forbes has won and defended a title, has gone up various weight classes, and has been in big fights. Berto is being moved along carefully and will make the first defense of his "title". The edge goes to Steve.

The breakdown: Berto will pot shot from the outside and Forbes will try to time and counter punch, but it's hard to time the type of speed Andre brings to the table. If Steve can apply smart pressure and get Berto to slow down, I like his chances for the upset. If he had a better punch, he would be my pick, but I just can't see him getting the respect he needs to keep Andres' back to the ropes and tire him out. Berto will take a 12 round UD.

My analysis record: 2-1

G

·
An easy UD was expected but Berto didn't do anything special. I'm looking forward to see him in with a legit opponent to get a better read on him because to be fair Forbes is a tricky opponent to look good against. I still think all the top 5 beat him.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
An easy UD was expected but Berto didn't do anything special. I'm looking forward to see him in with a legit opponent to get a better read on him because to be fair Forbes is a tricky opponent to look good against. I still think all the top 5 beat him.
He was still impressive though. It's hard to do anything special against Steve Forbes.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Defenetly a good effort by Berto but I get the feeling he'll only look good against guys his own size I thouhg there for a moment he was gonna take Forvez out but I was dissapointed at his inability to finish him off, it's only gonna get harder from him own out and like they mentioned on tv he needs to avoid the tall freaks of the division at least till one of them deceides to give him a title shot...

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The big welters would beat the ish out of Berto, but I still can't believe how open Dibella is making their ducking of them. Berto's chin and stamina don't convince me, it's just a mateer a time before someone exploits that.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even though he won 10 rounds. I think he didn't look like much. He won't be at the top of any weight division or P4P lists anytime soon. I'd give him a b maybe c because I don't expect that much out of him, he's been suspect in my book. Mosley gets a C because of the finish, without it, it wouldve been a D.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea he looked totally out of synch like couldn't pull the trigger and when he did he wasn't that effective.

Berto with all that hand speed is not that impressive. I think he'll soon be exposed, he does not belong at welter with those dudes there.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Berto seems to be a good guy and all, but I have a difficult time getting behind him. He lacks in-ring personality and he's just not that exciting. Maybe this will change when he fights someone that is favored over him, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
even shanes dad was pissed at him. he was showboating teh whole fight allowing mayorga to land some heavy punches that would have cost him later if mayorga was a more diciplined fighter that would get him killed against the rest of the top ww in the devision. as for berto I wasnt happy at first with some of the eagerness but in the long run it wore forbes down and slowed his pace considerably, so he got lucky but he would be in for a long night if he did that to anyother top ww.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts