Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I voted for Tyson. He hit on breaks, after the bell, low blows, head butting, and eear biting (once), he also punched a ref, tried to break to fighters arms, and he bit Lennox Lewis's leg prefight.

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
All fighters can be dirty... headbutts, hitting on the break, late punches after the bell, low blows, eye gouging, rabbit punches... etc. Muhammad Ali is on the list? Probably because of his fight against Ernie Terrell in which he almost practically tried to KILL Ernie Terrell in the most lopsided and brutal 15 Rounds in Boxing History ever... and that made it a classic!

Holyfield did some headbutss... but that's all I've ever known him for!

Roberto Duran was pretty dirty at times... but... well... so what? :D

Andrew Golota... enough said... just check out the Rid**** Bowe fight to see what I mean... but the thing is this now!:

MIKE TYSON BIT A CHUNK OF A GUY'S EAR OFF... end of story... you cannot top that! As much as I feel as though Tyson was misdirected and played with the politcians and idiots around him... he is still the dirtiest fighter of all... he a bit a chunk of a guy's ear off... and that... my friends... is that... GODDAMN IT!

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
White Tyson said:
All fighters can be dirty... headbutts, hitting on the break, late punches after the bell, low blows, eye gouging, rabbit punches... etc. Muhammad Ali is on the list? Probably because of his fight against Ernie Terrell in which he almost practically tried to KILL Ernie Terrell in the most lopsided and brutal 15 Rounds in Boxing History ever... and that made it a classic!

Holyfield did some headbutss... but that's all I've ever known him for!

Roberto Duran was pretty dirty at times... but... well... so what? :D

Andrew Golota... enough said... just check out the Rid**** Bowe fight to see what I mean... but the thing is this now!:

MIKE TYSON BIT A CHUNK OF A GUY'S EAR OFF... end of story... you cannot top that! As much as I feel as though Tyson was misdirected and played with the politcians and idiots around him... he is still the dirtiest fighter of all... he a bit a chunk of a guy's ear off... and that... my friends... is that... GODDAMN IT!
Ali held behind the head (which is illeagal) and he rabbit punched.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Duran was the Dale Earnhart of boxing.Tyson wasn't dirty at the first half of his career niether was Bowe or Golatta.All the hvywts mentioned earlier did not fight dirty their entire career.Tyson resorted to it as the result of his diminishing skills

·
1,000 Posts
bill1234 said:
Ali held behind the head (which is illeagal) and he rabbit punched.
The funny thing is... Tyson admitted to fighting dirty... Ali didn't... hmmm?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ali never fought dirty, these things go on in boxing holding behind the head and what have you it doesn't make you a dirty fighter. boxing aint a tickeling contest its a brutal sport.

·
Registered
612 Posts
tommygunn said:
ali never fought dirty ...
I would not say Muhummed Ali was a dirty fighter.

But this is not to say that he did not bend the rules.

As he grew older, he did start bending the rules a lot for reasons he had slowed, and was he an old guy who got tired more easily.

Of course, to bend the rules means to break the rules no matter who does it even if it is your most favorite fighter.

JC

·
Registered
612 Posts
Many today, would pick Mike Tyson as having been the dirtest heavyweight fighter in the history of gloved boxing.

Mostly, many would only because Mike Tyson is in there time, and they don't know so much about the fighters that were before their time.

But if you were to take a look at heavyweight fighters of the 1930s and 1940s closely, you may well come to see that Tony Galento who was a very well-known fighter was even a by far more dirty fighter than even Mike Tyson.

JC

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Auctioneer said:
Duran was the Dale Earnhart of boxing.Tyson wasn't dirty at the first half of his career niether was Bowe or Golatta.All the hvywts mentioned earlier did not fight dirty their entire career.Tyson resorted to it as the result of his diminishing skills
NO, Tyson did it his entire career. He hit Ferguson after the break, Fergus started to fight back too. He hit earlier guys whick I don't remember their names (they were at the beggining of his career), he would rabbit punch and head butt a little too. The arm breaking and biting was at the end though.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tommygunn said:
ali never fought dirty, these things go on in boxing holding behind the head and what have you it doesn't make you a dirty fighter. boxing aint a tickeling contest its a brutal sport.
Ali fought dirty. He rabbit punched A LOT. He held behind the end his entire career, and he should have been called for not fighting for half the round and just show boating and dancing away without being hurt.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JCC said:
Many today, would pick Mike Tyson as having been the dirtest heavyweight fighter in the history of gloved boxing.

Mostly, many would only because Mike Tyson is in there time, and they don't know so much about the fighters that were before their time.

But if you were to take a look at heavyweight fighters of the 1930s and 1940s closely, you may well come to see that Tony Galento who was a very well-known fighter was even a by far more dirty fighter than even Mike Tyson.

JC
I know he was very dirty, I just didn't put him up there beacuse 75% of the people have never seen him fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
wasn't it galento who actualy kicked a fighter during the bout.

·
Registered
612 Posts
tommygunn said:
wasn't it galento who actualy kicked a fighter during the bout.
He did more than only that.

I have an old photo of him actually dropping with his full weight on top of another fighter with his knee on the guy in the ring after the guy had either slipped and fell or was knocked down in the fight.

They called him Tony "Two Ton" Galento. He was of average height around 5' 10" or 5' 11", maybe even shorter than that as best I remember, and usually weighted in around 240 pounds.

Tony was salty, and an incredible tough guy. He was barrel chested and had a hellauva punch.

But he was a super, super dirty fighter, and was by far a more dirty fighter than Mike Tyson.

Do a search on the NET and read up on Tony Galento. He was quite an interesting character.

In an interveiw just prior to his fight with Joe Louis, he was asked what he thought about Joe, and Tony says. "I never heard of the bum."

JC

·
1,000 Posts
I do know for a fact that Tony Galento was 5'9" and weighed over 230lbs. He was tough... and he was very, very dirty... just imagine if he was ever World Champion? Just think about that for a moment!:cool:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Tony "Two Ton" Galento ... was tough and one hellvaua fighter. But had perhaps the worst training habits.

Seldom ever did he eat the right food, and he owned and run a bar, perhaps some here might call it a pub, and he was a heavy drinker.

He did his road work (running) at night after closing the bar in the late night early morning hours.

When asked why he did he road work at night? He said. "Because I fight at night."

Galento was a very colorful and interesting character.

Galento could draw money, crowds and attention, and that's what the fight racket has always been all about in the professional ranks making money.

People who came to see Galento's fights always saw a good fight.

JC

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JCC said:
Tony "Two Ton" Galento ... was tough and one hellvaua fighter. But had perhaps the worst training habits.

Seldom ever did he eat the right food, and he owned and run a bar, perhaps some here might call it a pub, and he was a heavy drinker.

He did his road work (running) at night after closing the bar in the late night early morning hours.

When asked why he he did he road work at night? He said. "Because I fight at night"

Galento was a very colorful and interesting character.

Galento could draw money, crowds and attention, and that's what the fight racket has always been all about in the professional ranks making money.

People who came to see Galento's fights always saw a really good fight.

JC
Galento had and alright record, it was 79-26-5.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts