Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

The Late Great Roy Jones Jr.

4K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  niko 
clinton woods has stated he'd like to avenge his loss and that would put rjj back on the title trail but what ive heard its manfreido jr early next year.

did anyone see manfreido beat spina, roy's in big bother fighting this kid he look's deadly.

i seen manfreido on the contender and thought he looked a good prospect i seen his second fight with mora and felt he was on the wrong end of the decision i think he's about the most improved fighter of the last 12 months.

roy loses late stoppage or u.d.

first of all roy never got hit when he was at his best and second he will go down as a top 15 fighter ever.........

when it comes down to it roy at his best beat hopkins who was also pretty sharp at the time and names like toney to the fray and you have a living legend.

jordan:confused: she's a glamor model. prime hop against prime rjj and hop loses same with toney.

roy was literaly untouchable at his best and my opinion that's when he was at 168.

prettyboywho said:
Even though he destroyed him in the rematch. Montell Griffith or Griffin whatever his name is gave Roy a great run in their 1st fight. And Roy was in his prime. He was not unbeatable.
roy schooled monttell in there fight he just lost to a DQ.

you must be kidding. names like vinny pazienza, mike mccallum, reggie johnson, virgil hill, otis grant and clinton woods mean nothing to you then.:laugh: add hop and toney to that and you've got a damn good record.

prettyboywho said:
name 1 of those guys that fought him when they was at the top of their game. Name 1 who was a legit dominate world champ. Name 1 of those fighters that would have made a mega fight or even a big fight even if they were at the top of their game.
apart from woods and hop they were all champs at the time jones fought them.

omg have you never seen the body snatcher mike mccallum or vinny paz fight there two future HOFers, woods now is regarded as the #1 guy at lightheavy.

by the way a name ive not mensioned john ruiz had a superfight with rjj at hw.

tyson said:
no affence prettyboy but just have a look on boxrec. Jones was awsome.
yes ill look on boxrec aswell im sure i could add two or three more from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.