Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

The Late Great Roy Jones Jr.

4K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  niko 
if Roy stop being afraid to get hit and strat fighting like he used to he might be able to do something. and Dr. Wisdom I really dont see how you can call him a all time great. He might get in the hall of fame or he might not.

Top 15 are you serious. Maybe top 20 and he get in the top 30 easy. But I like Roy he was a very good fighter. even though we will never know how he would have matched up with Hopkins in the rematch.

He would have lost both rematches and both trilogys. Hopkins was not in his prime at the time as we can see Hopkins prime can later in his career. The same with Toney. For example Jordan didnt really show he was the best eveer untill his second 3 title run.

Even though he destroyed him in the rematch. Montell Griffith or Griffin whatever his name is gave Roy a great run in their 1st fight. And Roy was in his prime. He was not unbeatable.

name 1 of those guys that fought him when they was at the top of their game. Name 1 who was a legit dominate world champ. Name 1 of those fighters that would have made a mega fight or even a big fight even if they were at the top of their game.

Lke I said he has 2 names. Hopkins and Toney. You still didnt answer the question of who out of that group excluding Toney and Hop would make a mega or super or even a big fight.

i never Roy is not good. he just wouldnt make my top 15. and Ruiz fight was only a big fight because of the weightclass. Ruiz a heavyweight vs a very good over weight super middle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.