Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

The Late Great Roy Jones Jr.

4K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  niko 
#1 · (Edited)
who should he fight next? or do you think that it's better for him to retire? i personally think that after a fight or two.. he should retire.. your thoughts?

#27 ·
Lke I said he has 2 names. Hopkins and Toney. You still didnt answer the question of who out of that group excluding Toney and Hop would make a mega or super or even a big fight.

#28 ·
omg have you never seen the body snatcher mike mccallum or vinny paz fight there two future HOFers, woods now is regarded as the #1 guy at lightheavy.

by the way a name ive not mensioned john ruiz had a superfight with rjj at hw.

#31 ·
I cant see why we even have to talk about this to be honest.
RJJ was the best P4P at one time.
He became world champion in 4 weight divisions.
What more could he do, and he still wants anouther title.

#33 ·
tyson said:
James Toney. He was a brilliant fighter when he fought Jones JR.
Toney had over forty fights and was undefeated,Hopkins was about midway in his career and on the the rise. Being gifted with natural ability Jones was the top man of his time.IMO his lack of motivation and concentration led to his two ko defeats.Some fighters can't get over ko's.

#34 ·
i never Roy is not good. he just wouldnt make my top 15. and Ruiz fight was only a big fight because of the weightclass. Ruiz a heavyweight vs a very good over weight super middle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.