Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys like the NBA or basketball as a whole let me know. I'm a huge basketball fan as I have played all my life. Being from Dallas I naturally love the Mavericks. I think we have a good shot this year. I am also a Denver Nuggets fan, because Allen Iverson is still my favorite player in the NBA. You guys post your favorite teams and let the trash talking begin!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
If any of you guys like the NBA or basketball as a whole let me know. I'm a huge basketball fan as I have played all my life. Being from Dallas I naturally love the Mavericks. I think we have a good shot this year. I am also a Denver Nuggets fan, because Allen Iverson is still my favorite player in the NBA. You guys post your favorite teams and let the trash talking begin!
The only time I like B-Ball is during the playoffs. The rest of the season I could care less. And the Suns are going to whoop the Mavs azz, that is if the Mavs even make the playoffs?:cheeky4: :laugh: :cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LMAO. I'll give you 100-1 odds that the Mavs make the top 3 best records of the Western Conference. Phoenix is great. They are one of my favorite teams to watch, and Steve Nash is phenomenal as well as Amare Stoudemire. The Spurs have the best chance to win the west, but I think Denver is going to suprise a lot of people. Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthoney, as well as a healthy (hopefully) Kenyon Martin. Are you a PHX fan Knuckle?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would too other than the NBA playoffs. But, March Madness owns anything the NBA produces. I'm a Tar Heel fan for college basketball and have been for years. The Mavs lost last night to the freakin' Hawks. Lame.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
LMAO. I'll give you 100-1 odds that the Mavs make the top 3 best records of the Western Conference. Phoenix is great. They are one of my favorite teams to watch, and Steve Nash is phenomenal as well as Amare Stoudemire. The Spurs have the best chance to win the west, but I think Denver is going to suprise a lot of people. Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthoney, as well as a healthy (hopefully) Kenyon Martin. Are you a PHX fan Knuckle?
As I said, I just watch the playoffs. I not really into B-Ball. But, being from Arizona, I do follow them. I don't follow the Cardinals or D-Backs besause I already had teams before they came to my state. But the Suns have been here since I was little. I do like their style because everyone is involved, not like the lakers and other teams like that were they just give the ball to one player and let him take all the shots.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
... but I think Denver is going to suprise a lot of people. Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthoney, as well as a healthy (hopefully) Kenyon Martin.
Theres not enough basketballs on the planet for those 3 to share shots, let alone in a single NBA gym.

Im a Sixers fan, being fom Philly. But we've got about 0.5% chance of making the playoffs.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Captainobvious said:
Theres not enough basketballs on the planet for those 3 to share shots, let alone in a single NBA gym.

Im a Sixers fan, being fom Philly. But we've got about 0.5% chance of making the playoffs.
I am still interested in Philly, because I followed them so closely for years due to Iverson playing there. Iguodala is getting better as well as Dalembert. I'm glad they traded Korver. He was too weak in my opinion.

As far as Denver goes, they will be just fine. AI has adapted his style slightly, averaging nearly 5 more assists per game than when he was in Philly. His scoring has dropped, but that is because Carmelo is ridiculous. I look for them to be a silent assassin out west this year.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ive been a knicks fan all my life they have a better team this season than last season and thank god we got rid of Steve"the team player" Francis and i think we might actually make it to the playoffs aslong as Marbury, Randolph and Curry play well and withour injurys.

What do you guys think about the Celtics this season!? Alenn, Pierce and Garnett!! i think they might get far this season and i say they win the title next season or the season after that.

But the team thats gonna surprise everyone and make it really far are the Bulls Deng, Hinrik, Gordon and Wallace they might make it far.

And damn Kobe Bryant and T-mac have been playing like machines in the beginning of the season.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Knicks are on the rise, but it will be a WHILE before they are relevant again. The Celtics are soid with Allen, Garnet, and Pierce. I have Boston winning the East this year over Detroit. I'm not sold on the Bulls yet. They shoot too many jumpers to make it to the finals. Kobe and McGrady have been balling their heads off early. I'm not a big Kobe fan, but he is great. My Mavericks are going to take it all!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think Kobes problaby the second best NBA player of all time after MJ, if you think about it Mj always had a GREAT team behind him, Rodman??? he was a beast, Pippen? A ATG. And i dont remember all these names right now but Kobe is alone imo yeah there a few good players but hes just alone and he get hin team to the playoffs and actually win some games there.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Jordan is the GOAT no question. Kobe is a distant second in my opinion. Jordan also had, Armstrong, Kukoc, The red haired dude, Paxton, and the tall black dude. Lol, there are a million, but you know who I mean.

Kobe is fantastic is his own right, but he only won championships because he had Shaq. Then he got bitchy and sent Shaq out of town, which is one of the biggest bonehead moves of selfish-people history.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Hehe when your Kobe you cant be having Shaq standing infront of you, he just wanted to be nr.1 and he felt Shaq was being treaded as nr.1 so he said choose me or shaq and ofc that ment goodbye shaq, or atleast thats what i heard and have been reading about this story but ofc its more complicated(sp) that that

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but that was selfish and he is paying for it now. Shaq went off and won ANOTHER ring with a mediocre team. Shaq and Kobe could have won another 5 rings easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts