Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - boxing
The one with out a shirt on is 16 years old, and the guy he is sparring is a pro in his early 20's. The 16 year old is typicaly faster and doesn't go after people like that, he typicaly dances around and sticks the jab in your face. But he will slug it out too. His little brother is 13 years old, same size, not quite as strong, but quicker, and almost as skilled.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No comments? Noones even remotely impressed?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I will watch it later on tonight Bill. My internet is running slow for some reason.
Ok.........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tysonjones said:
lets see him spar with berto

Who is berto? He has sparred numerous pro's, and has givin all of them great fights/beat them. He beat a guy that made it into the olympic trials. This was him in sparring mode, when he is in fight mode, he is much more impressive. As I said earlier, he usually doesn't fight like this, and fights better by dancing away, and staying on the outside jabing and throwing quick combo's like Ali.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
I wasn't too impressed but you can't really see that much and the kids talking drove me crazy. Andre Berto is a young pro who figures to be the next big thing in boxing. He is a killer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I wasn't too impressed but you can't really see that much and the kids talking drove me crazy. Andre Berto is a young pro who figures to be the next big thing in boxing. He is a killer.
Oh well. Its much better if you turn the sound off. They were just crazy girls that taped it. They got kicked out on tuesday because all they wanted to do was mess around with the 2 brothers (the guy sparring and his brother) they interupted the whole gym, and no one liked then there. And as I said, he fights a lot better using his other style, and the other guy is a polished pro. If you look hard enough, you can see most of the punches the pro threw, the 16 year old slips them by narrow margins, but still can slip the follow up punches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
bill1234 said:
Who is berto? He has sparred numerous pro's, and has givin all of them great fights/beat them. He beat a guy that made it into the olympic trials. This was him in sparring mode, when he is in fight mode, he is much more impressive. As I said earlier, he usually doesn't fight like this, and fights better by dancing away, and staying on the outside jabing and throwing quick combo's like Ali.
bill my man are you serious. u have never seen berto? he is the future imo and alot of peoples mind. berto, i know you said the kid was 16, but he would be knocked out int the first round. he may have a future in the sport who knows. but berto barring some freak accident is maybe, a future p4p topic. his pro record is 18-0 16 ko tko combined
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
keithkeller said:
bill my man are you serious. u have never seen berto? he is the future imo and alot of peoples mind. berto, i know you said the kid was 16, but he would be knocked out int the first round. he may have a future in the sport who knows. but berto barring some freak accident is maybe, a future p4p topic. his pro record is 18-0 16 ko tko combined
The 16 year old is an amerature. What weight class is Berto?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Bill, you need to keep up with the PRESENT boxers my friend. There are a lot of great guys out there!
Not as good as in the past...

I do keep up with some of them, like Hopkins and occasionaly Taylor and PBF. Even De La Hoya, but other than that, not really anything to watch in the heavies. Ive seen clips of Paquaio's fights, and was rather impressed with his straight left.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
If you lived near Dallas I would have you come over and watch every fight with me Bill. It would help you see the present day guys, and I would have a knowledgable guy to chat with.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
If you lived near Dallas I would have you come over and watch every fight with me Bill. It would help you see the present day guys, and I would have a knowledgable guy to chat with.
Thx, but even if I did I don't know if ma and pa would aprove. But I mean come on, there is noone out there even near great in the heavyweights. The last one was Lennox Lewis, and IMO he was a top 15 guy fighting B and C level opposition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
bill1234 said:
Thx, but even if I did I don't know if ma and pa would aprove. But I mean come on, there is noone out there even near great in the heavyweights. The last one was Lennox Lewis, and IMO he was a top 15 guy fighting B and C level opposition.
lennox is one of my favorites. loved him when he had some bad blood with rahman. awesome strategy against iron bar mike tyson, not kid dynamite. but my favorite, and i am from arkansas so i am biased, is taylor. he catches a bunch of crap here lately, but i dream of the fight in september, if it happens, when he faces an orthodox fighter that will come to him and not run. he wont have an option with pavlik to not be aggressive. he will have to fight, so i am callin ko buy by 5. go ahead give me all the crap u want. i think that lennox deserves a little better than top 15 fighter. i read on one of the threads threads about ricky hatton not forgetting were he came from, taylor is in that category also. being around the community were he is, you see him from time to time. he has done alot for our state, and i have met him once, and he is exactly like the guy on the previews for his fights. go to jermaintaylor.com and read his interview with teddy atlas. it was right after the winky fight, and all he cares about is fighting him again. atlas asked him if he could fight anybody in the history of boxing and he chose winky, just so he can show boxing fans that they are not eqaul, winky is a great fighter, but he is the one ducking the fight. that says quite a bit for me right there. it is also rumored in the state that him and manny are going to go there seperate ways. my opinion on that is first, your parting with a legendary trainer, on the other hand, his trainer that has been with him since he was a kid, had him knocking people out. and there is a saying that you need to dance with the whore that brought you. may be a wise decision. i am not saying anything bad about steward, but some people arent compatible. we will see
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
keithkeller said:
lennox is one of my favorites. loved him when he had some bad blood with rahman. awesome strategy against iron bar mike tyson, not kid dynamite. but my favorite, and i am from arkansas so i am biased, is taylor. he catches a bunch of crap here lately, but i dream of the fight in september, if it happens, when he faces an orthodox fighter that will come to him and not run. he wont have an option with pavlik to not be aggressive. he will have to fight, so i am callin ko buy by 5. go ahead give me all the crap u want. i think that lennox deserves a little better than top 15 fighter. i read on one of the threads threads about ricky hatton not forgetting were he came from, taylor is in that category also. being around the community were he is, you see him from time to time. he has done alot for our state, and i have met him once, and he is exactly like the guy on the previews for his fights. go to jermaintaylor.com and read his interview with teddy atlas. it was right after the winky fight, and all he cares about is fighting him again. atlas asked him if he could fight anybody in the history of boxing and he chose winky, just so he can show boxing fans that they are not eqaul, winky is a great fighter, but he is the one ducking the fight. that says quite a bit for me right there. it is also rumored in the state that him and manny are going to go there seperate ways. my opinion on that is first, your parting with a legendary trainer, on the other hand, his trainer that has been with him since he was a kid, had him knocking people out. and there is a saying that you need to dance with the whore that brought you. may be a wise decision. i am not saying anything bad about steward, but some people arent compatible. we will see
I currently have Lewis around 12 I beleieve. I know Larry Holmes, and he gives back to the community all of the time. He donates a lot to charity, and only charges $15 a month to go to the gym 5 days a week all year long. He is in there all of the time helping me and others out. His resturant is pretty good, and he is in there a lot too. One day I walked in, and he was sitting at the bar with his daughter, fiance, and the bartender (I think its one his brothers) and he saw me, and midconversation stood up, and came over to me and shook my hand and introduced me to everyone. He then offered me some hot wings on the house, I said no thx, but still, with all of the money he has, he could easily be a stuck up guy. He donates thousands to charity, and is trying to clean up Easton (its really gone down hill in the past 20 years). He used to have a fund raiser called "run with the champ" back in the 80's where he would have a 5 mile race, with a prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd not including himself. Of course it being a fund raiser, you had to pay to do it, but all of the money made was donated to charity. There is a place called St. Anthony's Youth Center, and Larry is basicaly the only thing that keeps it going. He basicaly pays for everything with his donations. Thats where he first learned how to box. He is a very happy/proud man. In the gym he walks in, says hi, goes into his back room, gets warmed up, and comes out and jokes around and talks to people. Of course, he does that when he's on the tread mill or shadow boxing.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
bertos fought nothing but jobbers till this point, the kid in the video is on another level from the guys bertos disposed of so far. :D
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
berto fought an undefeated guy in jonathon tubbs who was a decent fighter but berto disposed of him in less than 5 rounds. This tubbs guy would kill this 16 yaer old in that video. To be quite honest bill, i think i could take the guy in that video.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tysonjones said:
berto fought an undefeated guy in jonathon tubbs who was a decent fighter but berto disposed of him in less than 5 rounds. This tubbs guy would kill this 16 yaer old in that video. To be quite honest bill, i think i could take the guy in that video.
So, you honestly think that this kid is no good after all of the people he beat. All of the pros, and the guy who made it into the olympic trials, you think you could have taken all of them? Come to Larry's gym and ask to spar him.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top