Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you list the most robbed fight in the history of boxing ?

I will name 4 that just came to my mind:

Toney - Tibery

Casamayor - Quartey

Morales - Diaz

Holyfield - Lewis I

What are you picks ?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Benn v Eubank 2, Benn won the fight it was never a draw.

Eubank v Watson 1, Watson won the fight.

One of the worst ever was George Foreman v Shultz, Shultz battered Foreman throughout.

I may dislike Roy Jones and say it a lot, but he enters this thread for the fact that he faced a terrible decision in the Olympics, one of the worst amateur judging decisions ever.

probably think of more at a latter date...

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
George Foreman x Shannon Briggs
Many mob-time decisions like Johnny Saxton x Kid Gavilan
Chavez x Whitaker
Lewis x Holyfield I
Demetrius Hopkins x Steve Forbes
Joel Casamayor x Jose Armando Santa Cruz

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Oscar/Tito. It was ridiculous. Oscar won that fight like 8 to 4 and Tito got the decision. Stupid.

Meldrick Taylor/JCC. Taylor made the count and due to some ruckus BS on the ring apron he got hosed in the final seconds.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Holyfield vs Lewis I(as much as i like Holyfield he lost that fight altho he made up for this performance with a good one in the second fight)

Whitaker vs Chavez

DLH vs Trinidad

DLH VS Mosley II was a bad decision imo

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think the Quartey fight could of gone either way. But I thought he beat Whitaker.
Quartey was the fight i had even. I used to be a massive Tito fan but after watching there fight again recently i can see Oscar clearly won, i thought he clearly beat Mosley too. Whitaker was close but i had it to Oscar.

How did you have Sturm vs. DLH? I thought Sturm was very unlucky there.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Quartey was the fight i had even. I used to be a massive Tito fan but after watching there fight again recently i can see Oscar clearly won, i thought he clearly beat Mosley too. Whitaker was close but i had it to Oscar.

How did you have Sturm vs. DLH? I thought Sturm was very unlucky there.
I had Strum by a point. I think he should of got the win. But I don't agree with it being a robbery. It was a close fight. Robbery is to strong a word.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I had Strum by a point. I think he should of got the win. But I don't agree with it being a robbery. It was a close fight. Robbery is to strong a word.
A robbery may be too far, but i did feel very sorry for Sturm after that fight.

Another robbery.... Robin Reid vs. Sven Ottke. I swear, thats the first time i have seen a fighter warned for punching the other.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Oscar/Tito. It was ridiculous. Oscar won that fight like 8 to 4 and Tito got the decision. Stupid.

Meldrick Taylor/JCC. Taylor made the count and due to some ruckus BS on the ring apron he got hosed in the final seconds.
Gotta disagree with ya here ICB Oscar won the first 5 rounds then stopped fighting and Trinidad took over. coming to the last round i had it dead even. Oscar listened to his corner and just ran in the 12 th round I wouldnt have argued a 10-8 12 th round Oscar did NOTHING
therefore Trinidad rightfully got the nod. Really Tito didnt win the fight Oscar lost it

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
De la Hoya vs. Trinidad and De la Hoya vs. Mosley 2 were shocking decisions. And where's Ulster and TommyGunn? Thought they would have said Castillo-Mayweather I by now :laugh: :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts