Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Lamont Peterson 24-0, 11 KO's and Anthony Peterson 27-0, 19 KO's are two up and coming fighters that are bringing the pain to the light welterweight division. At the age of 23 and 24 respectively, what do you all think of the two fighters from the D.C. area and how do you think they would size up with the current contenders?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Lamont lacks even more power than anthony. Both will remain undefeated for awhile. Both impressed me at the first of their career, but not really anymore. I think lamont throws better combo's but his chin isnt as good as anthony's. Anthony has seem to have lost his desire already.

·
Registered
772 Posts
hatton, malignaggi, torres, even witter would beat them.

they are not as good as their records would suggest. its only a matter of time before they are exposed.

thye should fight each other, that would then expose one half of the peterson brothers, then its only a matter of time before someone exposes the other one.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that both fighters have a lot of upside, and they have a lot of pro fights for a 23 and 24 yr old. So in a couple of years I beleive that they will be up there in the Top 5. Like you all said, I don't know if they'll be stars, but they'll be pretty good though. Anthony yesterday looked good, but his shots didn't look like they had a lot of power on them, but I wouldn't say that he lost his passion...he looked pretty focused to me.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I think they both have what it takes to be steady good fighters. Obviously never superstars though. They need to step up their competition though thats for sure. Maybe I'm just being bias cause hes another from my area. We take pride in our boxers around here(Aside from Winky).

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i don't know who they are but i heard a il about them a few mnoths ago. only because they are brothers and prospects.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Lamont lacks even more power than anthony. Both will remain undefeated for awhile. Both impressed me at the first of their career, but not really anymore. I think lamont throws better combo's but his chin isnt as good as anthony's. Anthony has seem to have lost his desire already.
Good post. This is exactly what I think (havent seen enough to compare their chin though) the speed, accuracy, of their 3, 4, 5, 6+ combos is what had impressed me before

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Wow, Im kind of surprised by some of the answers to be honest. I watched the fight broadcast and kept saying that the commentators didnt know wha tthe fvck they were talking about.

Anthony Peterson fought a very good fight. He showed very good defense, good ring movement, and solid combination punching. He used his jab very effectively and he landed some VERY good shots to both the body and the head. You cant fault him for his opponents ability to take a punch. I thought he landed a few viscous body shots and more than a few shots that would have KO'd a less chinny opponent.

I think Anthony has a good shot at being a title holder and a force in the division in a couple years.

EDIT: My criticisms would be that he needs to stop that triple left hook crap when its a patty-cake punch. Its one thing if you throw a light one up top to get the elbows up so that you can crush them to the body with a solid one. But its another thing when you throw 3 straight short left hooks to the head when the guard is up. Its not effective, and it leaves you open for the counter.

Other than that, I though he was solid.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There ok. I can see them being title holders

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, Im kind of surprised by some of the answers to be honest. I watched the fight broadcast and kept saying that the commentators didnt know wha tthe fvck they were talking about.

Anthony Peterson fought a very good fight. He showed very good defense, good ring movement, and solid combination punching. He used his jab very effectively and he landed some VERY good shots to both the body and the head. You cant fault him for his opponents ability to take a punch. I thought he landed a few viscous body shots and more than a few shots that would have KO'd a less chinny opponent.

I think Anthony has a good shot at being a title holder and a force in the division in a couple years.

EDIT: My criticisms would be that he needs to stop that triple left hook crap when its a patty-cake punch. Its one thing if you throw a light one up top to get the elbows up so that you can crush them to the body with a solid one. But its another thing when you throw 3 straight short left hooks to the head when the guard is up. Its not effective, and it leaves you open for the counter.

Other than that, I though he was solid.
Good post. I think Anthony's last match was a step up in competition and he's improving through every fight, and he does need to stop throwing some of those paddy cake punches (because I've seen him hit harder). Anthony is already ranked in the top 20 in his div, and he's only 24. They'll be champs in a couple of years IMO. The light welterweight's competition is not the best anyways, so I can see them dominate that division within a couple of years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts