Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ring recently polled 20 so called experts regarding their predicted outcomes of the upcoming December 8th, showdown between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Ricky Hatton. See what they said.

Don Chargin (Hall of Fame Promoter)

"Floyd will win a decisino, but he'll come out knowing he was in a fight."

Andre Berto
"Hatton could pressure Mayweather the whole fight and beat himm, or Mayweather could box the heck out of him. I ma go against the odds with this and say Hatton will beat Mayweather. Going up in
weight, maybe Mayweather will try sitting down more on his punches, instead of the lightweight Mayweather who kept moving. I don't see Hatton stopping him, but I'll say Hatton by decision."

Rich Marotta (TV and radio broadcaster)
"I see Mayweather winning, but not by much, along the lines of 115-113."
"

George Zeleny (Contributor to British Boxing News)

"Ricky has a great chance of puncturing the fragile psyche of Floyd, forcing him to crack. I go for Hatton by late-stoppage."

Steve Farhood (ShoBox commentator)
"I don't think it will be a very good fight. I see Hatton fighting as he always does, coming straight forward, and I see Mayweather countering that by either holding or punching and moving awa. Hatton's track record is only one fight at welter, and he didn't look good. I always felt that Hatton peaked in beating Kostya Tszyu and he'll never match that performance. Even if he matches that performance in this fight, it won't be good enough. Mayweather on points in an ugly fight."

Mark Collings (British boxing writer)

"I'll go out on a limb and say Ricky will win by decision."

Don McRae (Author of Dark Trade: Lost in Boxing)

"Mayweather will not enjoy the experience-especially when Hatton lands to the body, but the American will prevail in the end through his superior skills to take an extremely narrow but unanimous decision."

Paul Williams
"I'll go with Floyd. It will be competitive, if Hatton goes after him. Getting close to Floyd could be aproblem. Hatton can't outbox Floyd; he'll have to press him. But Floyd won't be there to be pressed. If the ref will let Hatton do what he's done in the past, it will be a close fight. I do give Hatton a chance. Everyone who goes in the ring has a chancce. One punch could change the fight."

Stuart Brennan (Manchester Evening News boxing writer)
"I see Ricky by kayo in 10."

Teddy Atlas
"Mayweather by decision."

Juan Lazcano

When Floyd is focused he is extremely hard to beat. He'll beat Hatton by unanimous decision.

Paulie Malignaggi
"It's not a good fight for Hatton. When Oscar got aggressive against Floyd, it caused Floyd some trouble. But you're also talking about someone much larger than Hatton. Hatton walks right into his opponents. He won't be able to get inside that easy against Floyd. I don't see any shot for Hatton at all. He roughs-and-tumbles his way in. Floyd will pick him off. Hatton will pay a heavy price every time he tries to get inside. Floyd will stop him late or win big, unanimously."

Dan Herbert (British Boxing News editor)
"Mayweather is too slick and polished to lose to Ricky. Mayweather wins by unanimous decision."

Freddie Burocombe (News of the World boxing writer)

"Hatton to be covered in gory glory. Mayweather to win."

Graham MacLean (Germany-based contributor for Boxing Monthly)
"Mayweather will coast to a clear points win."

Eric Bottjer (matchmaker)

"I'll pick Mayweather by decision."

Keith Idec (Herald news boxing writer)

"Hatton gets cut or stopped late, or Mayweather by decision."

Kendall Holt

"I see mayweather having too many weapons. Hatton wont be able to pressure Mayweather into corners or hold him like he likes to. I see Mayweather getting a 12-round unanimous decision."

George Peterson (Paul Williams' trainer)

"Hatton will make Mayweather fight more than usual, but I see Mayweather by unanimous decision."

Buddy McGirt
"I think it's an easy fight for Mayweather. Hatton is too slow. Hatton will come right at him. what can he really do? He can't outbox Mayweather. Mayweather will eat his lunch box. It's a possibility there could be a stoppage. I see no way at all Hatton can beat him though. Floyd is at the height of his game right now, one of the best in the world. Oscar fought him well, but that's Oscar. If I'd have any advice for Hatton, it would be NOT to fight Mayweather. I'll say a unanimous decision for Mayweather."

Final Tally: Mayweather 16, Hatton 4.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Buddy McGirt
"I think it's an easy fight for Mayweather. Hatton is too slow. Hatton will come right at him. what can he really do? He can't outbox Mayweather. Mayweather will eat his lunch box. It's a possibility there could be a stoppage. I see no way at all Hatton can beat him though. Floyd is at the height of his game right now, one of the best in the world. Oscar fought him well, but that's Oscar. If I'd have any advice for Hatton, it would be NOT to fight Mayweather. I'll say a unanimous decision for Mayweather."
i love how mcgirt finishes the quotes off :laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BigDigga said:
i'd say possibly 2 years. depending on who he fights of course.
Possibly man. But not likely. He would have to destroy some top ww's first.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
BigDigga said:
i'd say possibly 2 years. depending on who he fights of course.
If the fight goes the distance Mayweather wins no way can hatton get a fair shake in vegas its practically tinkers home town
Knock his Ass Out Ricky Go Ricky Go Ricky

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That guy only has one thing in mind BD. Diss Floyd, diss Floyd, and then diss Floyd some more.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
shane, im sure you noticed this too but the people who picked hatton have so correlation to british sports lol. Thanks alot bud. must of took ya while.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
If he typed all this doesnt it mean that you made it all up??? :dunno:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
no it means he typed it from ring magazine which takes alot of time because you cant just copy and paste. How old are you?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
TysonJones said:
no it means he typed it from ring magazine which takes alot of time because you cant just copy and paste. How old are you?
First off All I did was ask if it was made up. A simple no it came from Ring Mag would have been fine. Always a smart comment towards me when I ask about something that your apart of. But you always tell me that im disrespectful. :laugh: To answer your question im 27 how old are you???

1 - 20 of 61 Posts