Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Didn't make me sad at all. Although, I did LMAO when Tyson flipped everyone off. Typical, disgraceful, Tyson.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Its always sad when an ATG hangs up the gloves for good. The music IMO was perfect. Didn't really make me that sad. I was exagerating a bit when I said it didn't make me sad at all, its always sad when that happens. Its just amazing how fast you can go from the top of the world, to just an average joe in less than an hour. I still LMAO when Tyson flipped that guy off.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I respect anyone who steps into the ring, that takes a ton of guts. But what I don't like is how some people act in or out of it. I respect all fighters to a certain degree, even Tyson.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
That is very sad. Behind it all Tyson was a good guy, early in his career he would run over and check opponents were OK when he knocked them out, he did have some compassion. He was just lead the wrong way by the wrong people and became one of the bad guys.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
D'Amato and Jacobs made him do that. Its almost code after a fight to go shake the guys hand anyway. IMO Tyson quite simply, is a disgrace and bad person.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
actually bill, they didnt make him do that, he did that because one of his favorite fighters used to do that and he followed in that mans footsteps, and no imnot your dad, it was a joke, grow up.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I've read on many occasions Tyson was humble and very modest as a teenager. he was quiet from what I understand. Don King turned mike against everyone, kept filling his head with a bunch of crap about how whites were out to get him and their was going to be a race war. While Don was the one really out to get him. look at the people mike was associated with post jail, he became a criminal by surrounding himself with criminals.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Mike was a criminal by age 12. D'Amato plucked him out of Tryton, a juvenal detention center. He saw Mike spar with someone, liked what he saw, bailed him out, let Tyson move into his home. Tyson would sometimes randomly disapear to party. Also, D'Amato weasled Tyson out of the trouble he got him self into.

·
Baddest Man On The Planet
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LeedsLad said:
That is very sad. Behind it all Tyson was a good guy, early in his career he would run over and check opponents were OK when he knocked them out, he did have some compassion. He was just lead the wrong way by the wrong people and became one of the bad guys.
:( that's true.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Was some of his early fights bill, he knocked guys out cold and immediatly ran over got down on a knee and checked the guy was ok. He was rescued from a terrible life from D'Amato, but when he has gone Tyson went bad for whatever reason. You don't like him but you could at least try ad see the good side, im beginning to think your just negative because people forget about Holmes and remember Tyson..

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Was some of his early fights bill, he knocked guys out cold and immediatly ran over got down on a knee and checked the guy was ok. He was rescued from a terrible life from D'Amato, but when he has gone Tyson went bad for whatever reason. You don't like him but you could at least try ad see the good side, im beginning to think your just negative because people forget about Holmes and remember Tyson..

But Tyson knocked very few guys cold. I can think of about 2, and Ive seen almost every fight of his career. I do see the good side, and admite that head to head in his prime he does very well, but I feel people overlook the fact that he looked great over poor comp, or comp that was scared to death. I could have punched them and they would have went down too with how scared they were. He also tried hitting them once they were down when he was in his prime.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Tyson would of knocked more gusy out cold if the ref woudl of let it continue like the refs did back when marciano fought, its just the rules are different and more lives have been saved and im thankful for that.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Most of the guys didn't want to get up though. They were scared half to death walking in, then Tyson would stare them down and they were practically KO'd right there. But I don't feel like going into it for a 3rd time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts