Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got these boots-->http://www.ringside.com/RS/ProductDetails/StyleMasterDetails.aspx?pid={57377ad8-0186-46f8-8cce-f4fa4d4eafec}&gid={f22c3104-8aa1-43af-99e0-c11a56fcb113}&pname=adidas+Box+Hog&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=GL1-SR&CTitle=&

But lately, and I think it's also cos it's really warming up here now (Australia) the bottoms of my feet have been burning like hell whenever I train!! They don't bother me when I run. I think it's just the sharp quick movements u make when u box.

Anyway I had to actually stop yesterday cos they hurt so much. I always wear big thick socks so it's not that.

Anyone else have this problem? What do u suggest? I was thinking a pair of insoles should do the trick.

Any other suggestions?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Boxing shoes have very little padding in the soles. Some are also not very well vented. Both of these things could be causing the irritation to your feet. If your doing jumprope or any other high impact workout on your feet, keep your running/tennis shoes on as they will give you far better sole and heel protection. You really only need the other ones on while in the ring on the canvas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah deffo. Don't wear them in training, just when your in the ring or you will hurt your feet, nice bouncy pair of trainers you need for training, especially on hard surfaces. Get a good pair, too. My cousin got real bad shin-splints from training in crap shoes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts