Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Margarito fought a boxer and was outboxed! Williams was the better man by a longer shot than my scorecards. I had it 115-113 to Williams even though Williams was the more dominant fighter. The statue is done. All of you Margarito fans finally got to see what I have been saying forever. He can't box. Imagine Floyd fighting him! :laugh: 120-108! Margarito is garbage.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
You and I have been saying for a WHILE that Williams would take out Margarito, and now its come to fruition. Notice how its awfully quiet around here now? No MARGIE nut-huggers are stepping up to take their due. Shame on you all!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Williams is a good fighter. I thought Margarito woukld beat him with pressure but The Punisher proved me wrong.
Guys like him are making the division very interesting again. Love to see him fight Cintron or Cotto next.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
You and I have been saying for a WHILE that Williams would take out Margarito, and now its come to fruition. Notice how its awfully quiet around here now? No MARGIE nut-huggers are stepping up to take their due. Shame on you all!
You and I? LOL! PBF claimed that he didn't even see Williams fight much! That was a damn good fight and I give my props to Williams for what he did! No way in hell would Floyd fight Williams or Margarito! Both would be a serious threat! Williams that fought tonight reminds me of Calzaghe. Not a big puncher but real acturate and volume.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
margarito would beat anyother 147 fighter in the world, that 84 inch reach from williams was just a bit to much, although i scored it closer than most did, i gave it to williams by a round but he DID deserve the win.

·
Registered
205 Posts
REACH!REACH!REACH!!! Thats all williams has!! Just got back from Los Angeles. Saw the fight. Was there ringside. It's the first time I have seen Williams fight and I just have one word to describe him. GARBAGE!!! I will admit he won the fight. Not so much because he was better than Margarito, but that reach advantage was much to overcome. Williams will definitely get destroyed by Mosely, Mayweather, Cintron, or any of those other guys!!! As for Margarito, I think he started to late. If we were back in the old days where the fights went to 15 rounds, Margarito would have definitely finished him. After the 6th round, Williams started to fade. We could see how tired he was after the 7th from where we were sitting.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Captainobvious99 said:
Reality is cold, and harsh. I will give Margarito more credit in this loss than any of his previous wins however.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sum1 said:
REACH!REACH!REACH!!! Thats all williams has!! Just got back from Los Angeles. Saw the fight. Was there ringside. It's the first time I have seen Williams fight and I just have one word to describe him. GARBAGE!!! I will admit he won the fight. Not so much because he was better than Margarito, but that reach advantage was much to overcome. Williams will definitely get destroyed by Mosely, Mayweather, Cintron, or any of those other guys!!! As for Margarito, I think he started to late. If we were back in the old days where the fights went to 15 rounds, Margarito would have definitely finished him. After the 6th round, Williams started to fade. We could see how tired he was after the 7th from where we were sitting.
Williams won round 12. He didn't fade. Margarito realized that he had to win basically every round to win the fight so he turned it up and had success. Williams punches didn't seem the least bit devastating, yet he kept Margarito FAR away from his usual punch output average. Thumbs up to Williams and Margarito both. Oh, and Knuckle, I hadn't seen much of Williams, that is true. I just picked him to win due to what I HAD seen from Margarito.

·
Registered
205 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Williams won round 12. He didn't fade. Margarito realized that he had to win basically every round to win the fight so he turned it up and had success. Williams punches didn't seem the least bit devastating, yet he kept Margarito FAR away from his usual punch output average. Thumbs up to Williams and Margarito both. Oh, and Knuckle, I hadn't seen much of Williams, that is true. I just picked him to win due to what I HAD seen from Margarito.
I might be wrong, but I don't see Williams beating any of the fighters I mentioned in my previous post. Not even close.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That reach he has is the only thing I see he has going for himself. I could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree 50%. Williams is nice. Does his reach help? Hell yes it does! Does a guy with no talent and a 100 inch reach beat Margarito? Hell no he doesn't. There is something there. What it is will be tested soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the notion of him being a vintage Thomas Hearns. Also, it's pretty hard to beat a guy that throws twice as many punches as you.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Slow down and let me welcome you to the forum by saying, well, WELCOME!!!

Williams, a vintage Hitman Hearns? Don't you think that is 10 big ass whippin's premature?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Perhaps, but he took Margarito's best shots, so I'd say he's got the chin. Not only that, but the guy's only gonna grow. Look forward to those shots landing harder in the future. And that height's never going to go away.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Correct with that part. My only objection is comparing Williams to Hearns. Tommy Hearns is a legend. Paul Williams is a current "belt" holder. I'll ask you this. Can Paul Williams beat Kermit Cintron? Think about it. REALLY think about it. I can't decide to be honest.

Oh and I am going to bed. It is currently 11PM here and I have been up since 5AM, working from 6AM to 7PM. I made 270 bucks, but am tired as hell. Respect the guys who park your cars at hotels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well me and fightnews.com are the only one who found this fight close? I scored it 114-114 and after watching the fight again i scored it exactly the same :S, i think Margaritos work later in the fight gave him 6-11 round or was it 7-11 aww dont remember but i scored it a tie but again i was really craving for Margarito to win so i might have been a little unfair so the judges prob made the right call.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts