Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some fighters don't have a good jaw, but they would keep getting up. In my mind, this means they had heart, but lacked the chin to go with it. I'm talking about guys like Floyd Patterson and Bob Satterfield. Guys who would get hit go down, jump right back up and keep swinging.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Tommy Morrison was also a notable weak chinned good fighter. OMG that slaughtering that he took from Mercer was brutal. Probably my favorite knockout of all time was Morrison vs. Mercer.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Most Puerto Rican fighters like Miguel Cotto and Tito Trinidad. See Cotto's almost in his prime but we have already seen his jaw exposed many times. And look how all those fights ended..K.O.'s so he deserves to be in this thread. Also Tito. he had a lot of heart and was pretty tough. A slap on his chin would make his legs give up lol. Calzaghe and his slaps would make tito go down.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
LOL thanks. But I think that Evander Holyfeilds chin was not as good as it should have been. His last fight with Bowe, I feel that he was way out of his prime. As I watched him fight, he did not have that fire in him. Something was missing. Maybe he got old.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
yeah, nevermind, your right. He does have a pretty good chin, but I do not think that he would be able to stand up to the strongest punchers in the history of boxing though.

Yeah something was wrong with Holyfeild in that last fight with Bowe, though. It wasn't his chin it was like he just did not have the will to keep going on. If Holyfeild would have been in his prime he would of whupped Bowe. Even though something was wrong with Holyfeild in the last fight, it was still one of the great trilogies of the last century.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
yeah, nevermind, your right. He does have a pretty good chin, but I do not think that he would be able to stand up to the strongest punchers in the history of boxing though.

Yeah something was wrong with Holyfeild in that last fight with Bowe, though. It wasn't his chin it was like he just did not have the will to keep going on. If Holyfeild would have been in his prime he would of whupped Bowe. Even though something was wrong with Holyfeild in the last fight, it was still one of the great trilogies of the last century.
I heard he caught hepatitis A and thats why he was doing so bad. He caught it from eating shell fish or something like that iono

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Most Puerto Rican fighters like Miguel Cotto and Tito Trinidad. See Cotto's almost in his prime but we have already seen his jaw exposed many times. And look how all those fights ended..K.O.'s so he deserves to be in this thread. Also Tito. he had a lot of heart and was pretty tough. A slap on his chin would make his legs give up lol. Calzaghe and his slaps would make tito go down.
Good call.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Yeah he was. If I remember correctly I think that was the fight where Holyfeild got his first loss. Or was it the second and third fight that he lost?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yeah he was. If I remember correctly I think that was the fight where Holyfeild got his first loss. Or was it the second and third fight that he lost?
The First fight Evander recieved his first loss. The second fight Holyfield took his title back and the 3rd fight Bowe Knocked him out.

Michael Moorer, Miguel Cotto, Fernando Vargas, Juan Manuel Marquez
I've watched Michael Moorer fight once so i'm not sure about that. I know Fernando Vargas got whooped by Mosley, Trinidad, And De La Hoya but iono if he has a weak chin with a lot of heart i'm not so sure about that. And Marquez i'm not sure about either.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
thats what I thought. I think it might have been the second fight when that one idiot flew into the stadium in the middle of a round and hit Bowe's wife. Do you recall that Brook?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts