Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Jetcar said:
Here is my two cents:

Rahman: under-achiever extraordinaire

Margarito: this guy sucks. No defense, no footwork, but has heavy hands. Some bad losses on his record.

Hatton: one dimensional "mini-John-Ruiz" (I'm preparing for Tommygunn's rebuttal -- I imagine he'll ban me for having slighted his hero...:) ) All heart, questionable skills.

Valuev: this guy is the worst champ (HW) in my opinion in the last 5-6 years. Right behind him is John Ruiz's pathetic reign....

Guys who should have done more (i.e.: waste of talent):
Lewis: skilled, but didn't do much when it counted the most
(should have rematched Klit, in my opinion)

Roy Jones: skilled but never fought the big fights when it mattered. (i.e.: Calzaghe, Darius M., etc) Beating Ruiz was a hands-down gimmee.

Floyd Mayweather: needs to fight better opposition at more meaningful times in their careers. Fighting Oscar helps his bottom line, nothing else.
theres a bit of contradiction there jet, when you say hattons all heart then compare him to ruiz ??.

i will say hatton does fight one way and it is forward which ive always found very exciting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Comparing Hatton to Ruiz because of all the clutching and grabbing.

Move forward, slug, then clutch/grab.

Ruiz is much worse in my books, for his boring style, and inability to win a fight without losing fans at the same time.

We'll see if Hatton fights Mayweather after DelaHoya. By then, Williams will have killed Margarito, anyway, and there won't be anyone else left at welter for him to fight, if he wants big money. Williams will fight Cotto, since Margarito will be gone. Mayweather vs. Hatton will only make sense at that point. Hopefully.

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
It took me a while... but in my opinion... the worst champ would have to be either one of the following...

Leon Spinks... for causing a big upset... and then losing to that same fighter who was 36 and a half years old and past his prime 9 months later... Leon Spinks was very arrogant and lazy and stupid... and ended up with 17 career losses... possible the most overrated boxer to ever win an Olympic Gold Medal... his little brother Michael and that other Spinks... Cory... ARE MUCH BETTER BOXERS! :D

OR...

Bruce Seldon... whether or it was a dive FOR THE MONEY or not... I don't care... that man is 100% a complete loser!!!

Notice that they're both Heavyweights... I really don't consider anyone in the lesser weight divisions BAD CHAMPIONS... whether they lost their Championship on their first ever defence or not... that's just my opinion! BYE!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
White Tyson said:
Notice that they're both Heavyweights... I really don't consider anyone in the lesser weight divisions BAD CHAMPIONS... whether they lost their Championship on their first ever defence or not... that's just my opinion! BYE!!!
I would kind of agree with that ... over all I've never not known a time in which there has not over all been better talent in the lighter weight divisions. There has always been less talent in the heavyweight division. Of course, today we have heavyweight classes and no one heavyweight division. But I believe the same is true today also.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Jetcar said:
Comparing Hatton to Ruiz because of all the clutching and grabbing.

Move forward, slug, then clutch/grab.

Ruiz is much worse in my books, for his boring style, and inability to win a fight without losing fans at the same time.

We'll see if Hatton fights Mayweather after DelaHoya. By then, Williams will have killed Margarito, anyway, and there won't be anyone else left at welter for him to fight, if he wants big money. Williams will fight Cotto, since Margarito will be gone. Mayweather vs. Hatton will only make sense at that point. Hopefully.
well jet you know where i stand on the 140/147 divisions we've debated it for a year now. :laugh: lets wait till near fight time and ill stand any amount of points in a private bet with you. lets start with margie v williams, i think margie stops the punisher, i wont name a round but at some point definatley. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You are missing a very important point with Williams actually 3 points
1-his age
2-his size
3-he might not be able to make weight in 1-2 years from now.
Remember he is still growing.
But is he makes weight with out complications (starving him self for to weeks just to make weight)
I feel he will be king.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
daveDaboxingfan said:
You are missing a very important point with Williams actually 3 points
1-his age
2-his size
3-he might not be able to make weight in 1-2 years from now.
Remember he is still growing.
But is he makes weight with out complications (starving him self for to weeks just to make weight)
I feel he will be king.
margarito is an absolute bull at 147 he's stronger at the weight than williams who at 6ft1 will only have height advantage by 2 inches, remember margarito is 5ft11 thats only 2 inches which is nothing !!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Margarito/Williams threadjack....

tommygunn said:
well jet you know where i stand on the 140/147 divisions we've debated it for a year now. :laugh: lets wait till near fight time and ill stand any amount of points in a private bet with you. lets start with margie v williams, i think margie stops the punisher, i wont name a round but at some point definatley. :thumbsup:
....we're going to need a new thread.... ;)

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
Ali said:
Worst champ was Corrie Sanders.
I forgot about him... so it's out of Sander, Neon Leon and Seldon. One more thing... can nobody say Coetzee or Bruno were bad champions... just because they lost it straight after they won it doesn't mean jack... they were very good big boxers!

61 - 72 of 72 Posts