Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Terrible list. David as #2? Hatton #6? and Kessler #7?... WTF?

I don't know what the hell he's been smoking, but I'm sure it's illegal.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
As much as I love Ricky he doesn't crack the top ten. Wright doesn't deserve to be in the conversation due to inactivity, not his accomplishments. Kessler and his meaningless belt should have to beat someone to warrant a spot. And Juan Carlos Gomez?? What's there to say about that one? :dunno:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having Haye on is shocking. Having Hatton on as high as number 6 is shocking. Having Wright on is shocking. The best comment is "I've seen them all". Yeah looks like it :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What a joke
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
maybe he has brain damage

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Any list that has Hatton or Haye on it is garbage. Not surprised it came from a UK site

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Any list that has Hatton or Haye on it is garbage. Not surprised it came from a UK site
I see everyone trashing Nelson's picks but not one person has put up their own list have they :cheeky4:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I see everyone trashing Nelson's picks but not one person has put up their own list have they :cheeky4:
Are you defending the list? LMAO!

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
this is mine. not everyone agrees but i am happy with it. this is my july's list

1. manny pacquiao
2. joe calzaghe
3. miguel cotto
4. pavlik
5. bernard hopkins
6. vazquez
7. j m marquez
8. r marquez
9. mosley
10. p williams

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
This is what I believe that this is a good list:

1. MANNY PACQUIANO
2. JOE CALZAGHE
3. JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ
4. BERNARD HOPKINS
5. ISRAEL VASQUEZ
6. KELLY PAVLIK
7. MIGUEL COTTO
8. SHANE MOSLEY
9. PAUL WILLIAMS
10. CRISTIAN MIJARES

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
everybody's lsit sucks. A guy that is 2-3 his last five fights at 4 is retarded. that's like me claiming the Broncos got screwed out of the super bowl.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
everybody's lsit sucks. A guy that is 2-3 his last five fights at 4 is retarded. that's like me claiming the Broncos got screwed out of the super bowl.
put it this way. calzaghe and taylor fights were damn close.

winky well i don't give much credit for. tarver is ok.

i always calculate p4p using all the factors that i know. in terms of win and loses, i always evaluate the opponents. if hopkins beat 10 police men then he wouldn't be in there. he lost to world champs and classy guys and even then it was close.

if i was to put hopkins in with a lot of 160-175 fights, he would beat a lot.

the reason why i always use factors like age, generalship, latest opponents, style, achievemtents in my p4p list is the fact that i can never imagine a feather weight vs a heavy. i mean pacman may be fast at light weight but if he was a heavy he wouldn't be that fast and he would not punch as much.

ps. i forgot to put pavlik at 4 and hopkins at 5. you may still not agree with me but that's my list.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I understand your reasoning but you probably udnerstand mine when I won't put a guy on my list that has lost 3 of his last five fights. Regardless of the ability of his opponents, Bernard doesn't have the resume to be on that list.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I understand your reasoning but you probably udnerstand mine when I won't put a guy on my list that has lost 3 of his last five fights. Regardless of the ability of his opponents, Bernard doesn't have the resume to be on that list.
i can see hopkins beating anyone at 160 other than pavlik. anyone at 168 other than taylor perhaps. anyone at 175 other than calzaghe.

he can and will still give a good fight to anyone even at the age of 43. also if he does lose then no one can ko him imo and also no one on this planet at this moment in time can beat him convingly.

i was skeptical of hopkins in the top 10 last year when he only fought like once a year, but the calzaghe fight has made me realise he is still a very classy fighter today and still has the tools to control a fight with the undisputed super middle weight champ.

ps. if anyone fought calzaghe and taylor at the weights, who else would beat them both? pavlik is half way there but it's very hard to think of others.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts