Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The true Guru
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amir Khan & Awful Harrison were both millionaires before they fighted anyone of any real talent...infact they still havent fought anyone of any class yet they are multi millionaires
IMO all there fights put together have been boring...i cant name one exciting fight YET Froch v Pascal last night which WASNT EVEN A PPV EVENT LOL was a fantastic fight more guts, action and determination in that fight than any of Khans or Harrisons yet,
why is it we overhype and make average fighters with no heart rich yet fighters who excite and give 100% and can actually take shots struggle?
im sick of seeing warren cherry pick corpses for Khan as he did for Harrison and as he did for Calzaghe(so glad joe ditched his ass)

·
Registered
7 Posts
So you are complaining that Froch v Pascal wasnt PPV?? So you'd rather have paid?

Whether you consider it justifiable or not Froch has no where near the hype that Khan has. Of course its not right but at the end of the day the best way to work someone like Froch up to the level of general public interest Khan gets is surely to put him on terrestrial TV to give the whole country a chance to see him. If they stuck Froch on PPV last night only the most keen boxing fans would have paid to watch and that would have kept Froch on the outside of the mainstream. Now he has had that World Title win live on Saturday Night Terrestrial TV his profile will have grown. Its hard to say how much but certainly its raised interest in Froch amongst the casual sports fans and general public.

And I disagree that not of the fights have been fun.....Khan getting knocked out is one of my boxing moments of the year, I could watch it all day. I dont like Khan but he is a very exciting prospect who I enjoy watching as his hand speed and accuary are fantastic at times.

Harrison on the other hand has an attitude which makes him instantley hateble and the most boring ring style out there

G

·
Amir Khan & Awful Harrison were both millionaires before they fighted anyone of any real talent...infact they still havent fought anyone of any class yet they are multi millionaires
IMO all there fights put together have been boring...i cant name one exciting fight YET Froch v Pascal last night which WASNT EVEN A PPV EVENT LOL was a fantastic fight more guts, action and determination in that fight than any of Khans or Harrisons yet,
why is it we overhype and make average fighters with no heart rich yet fighters who excite and give 100% and can actually take shots struggle?
im sick of seeing warren cherry pick corpses for Khan as he did for Harrison and as he did for Calzaghe(so glad joe ditched his ass)
I see your point about Fraudley but Khan can't be faulted for having no guts, action or determination. He's picked him self up of the canvas to win fights on more than one occasion and almost all his fights are action packed. He got up of the canvas and tried to fight on after being badly laid out against Prescott, but I suppose that's not having guts or determination.

·
The true Guru
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see your point about Fraudley but Khan can't be faulted for having no guts, action or determination. He's picked him self up of the canvas to win fights on more than one occasion and almost all his fights are action packed. He got up of the canvas and tried to fight on after being badly laid out against Prescott, but I suppose that's not having guts or determination.
hes fought bum after bum though,
hes picked himself up off the canvas against who? limond and gomez,
i aint doubting khans skills just how overhyped he is when he hasnt fought anyone and cant take a punch

·
The true Guru
11,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you are complaining that Froch v Pascal wasnt PPV?? So you'd rather have paid?

Whether you consider it justifiable or not Froch has no where near the hype that Khan has. Of course its not right but at the end of the day the best way to work someone like Froch up to the level of general public interest Khan gets is surely to put him on terrestrial TV to give the whole country a chance to see him. If they stuck Froch on PPV last night only the most keen boxing fans would have paid to watch and that would have kept Froch on the outside of the mainstream. Now he has had that World Title win live on Saturday Night Terrestrial TV his profile will have grown. Its hard to say how much but certainly its raised interest in Froch amongst the casual sports fans and general public.

And I disagree that not of the fights have been fun.....Khan getting knocked out is one of my boxing moments of the year, I could watch it all day. I dont like Khan but he is a very exciting prospect who I enjoy watching as his hand speed and accuary are fantastic at times.

Harrison on the other hand has an attitude which makes him instantley hateble and the most boring ring style out there
but audley harrison and enzo macrinelli were on PPV,when they shouldnt be
lol yes i love the prescott ko but i was talking about fights that have lasted longer than 1 minute lol

G

·
hes fought bum after bum though,
hes picked himself up off the canvas against who? limond and gomez,
i aint doubting khans skills just how overhyped he is when he hasnt fought anyone and cant take a punch
I agree, they're bums but that's still heart and determination to get back up and win the fight.

I hyped Khan aswell at one stage but he's a very exciting fighter who could have been great if he had a good chin. Amir shits all over Froch in skills and ability but he'll not do much with a china chin.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I agree it's a joke at times but if I was Frank Warren I'd do the exact same thing, also you don't like Khan, then don't watch his fights etc.

I bought the ppv last night but not for him same with Harrison.

Froch on ITV was great, I'd like to see more boxing on terrestrial TV as it brings it more into the mainstream.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
well khan aint exactly gonna tell frank warren sorry mate you are paying me too much how about you just give me 10k. sounds reasonable a deal yea guvnor?

nah he will milk how much he can get.

as for froch, he is 31 years old. he's just fought someone big.

amir actually has drawed back people to watching boxing. itv never had any boxing since nigel benn vs mcclellen until amir showed up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I know what you mean EM. Frank Bruno is one who comes straight to mind.

Khan has got skills, no doubt about it, his problem is when fighters hit him back.
Warren knows this and will try to guide him to a World title with fights against boxers who are shot, smaller and have no punch.
The problem for Warren is that Khan can be troubled by any fighter, and so his plan could fail.

Froch surprised me last night winning, I thought he would get stopped in the later rounds, his boxing skills and iron chin got him through.
It was a cracking fight.

Back to the title of the thread, yes there has been British fighters who have been touted as prospects and kept in cotton wool until a World title fight.
But to be fair there has been plenty of the same from other Countries.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Having a prospect headline a ppv is a joke, but Khan is a prospect. He's still in the development stage and if the guy is struggling against the like of Limond and Gomez, how could you want him to face better opp?

A lot of people were complaining about the choice of Prescott as an opponent, when it was Khan's first real fight against a lightweight. Look where that got him. But I do agree that although Khan is one of the most exciting prospects in boxing, it's a complete farce to have him on ppv.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Froch is entertaining to watch, he has a great jab when he works it but his defence is woeful.If Froch can improve his defense then he could be very good but at the minute Taylor and Kessler kill him, and thats an if cos he is 31 now. Fraudley is an abolute joker. Khan does seem to fight the same generic bums with similar patterns to all his fights and as soon as he fort a live opponent it was lights out. Calzaghe, Hatton and Haye are the guys holding it up for British boxing right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts