Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. what's the big hyped up deal about this movie Jumper? It looks like one of the more retarded movies of all time, yet I kept getting beaten over the head with previews for it every fifteen minutes! This is one of those movies that you couldn't pay me to watch. Does anyone know what the big deal about this is?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I guess it's a taste thing. I just can't really get into those farfetched movies. If you tell me it is good I will download it.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
it looks retarded to me, I could understand if it was some superhero's movie but it has no point or storyline it seems like, just people who have abilities and they meet each other. I like the superman movies, but people with abilities but no really story or mythology behind it, retarded. Although I liked fantastic four 1 and 2. I wont see this movie so i'm with ya shane.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could turn out being a fantastic movie. I just don't get into that kind of superhero/superpower stuff too much. I have a bootleg copy of the Fantastic Four movie, but I have yet to finish it. I always fall asleep lol. Comic Books turned movies just really turn me off other than Batman/Superman. I heard there's a new XMEN (worst of them all) movie that is about Wolverine only.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
WOW i agree so much, some of my friends who i consider to know their stuff about movies, are really excited about this one. I think the trailer looked retarded and i cant wait not to see this movie.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
you know I waited 3 years after that whole trilogy was over to even watch them because i thought it would be retarded. XMen was surprisingly good for me. But I know exactly where your coming from. Superman is one of my favorite movies, All of them.I liked the new batman, but i'm more of a superman kind of guy.

What aer your thoughts on the new will smith movie where he plays some sort of hero, It looks hilarious.

I can't wait until iron man comes out either, it looks like it has a great story behind it. It gave me chills when I saw the trailor.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Iron man looks pretty cool, i agree.

Jumper will likely be just an "entertaining" movie, as my movie buff best friend and I call them.

I havent seen the previews for the Will Smith movie yet, but Ive heard talk.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Movies these days suck .. Jumper looks like absolute CRAP .. its like a Fake superhero movie .. that looks like garbage.. I havent seen the preview for the Will Smith movie..
How about that MMA Movie that is coming out .. lol .. it looks SOOOOO BAD .. its like pretty boys fighting over nonsense .. its a want to be fast and furious with no Cars..

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah wow! i think even MMA fans are not gonna like this one, i heard people complaining how fake and uncool it was over at mmaforum.com. Just some rich guys with 6 packs lol.

Hancock looks really funny tho and i guess i will go see it.

I liked X-men tho but i hated the Superman movies, hes just way to powerful no fun imo.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Yeah I'm with you on this one Shane the movie looks silly even Samuel Jackson's character looks stupid. But it could end up being pretty good who knows :dunno:? As a comic book fan I gotta say the 1st X-men movie was not that bad but the sequels really suck. The new Superman movie was really disappointing but the new Batman flicks are great (even though I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet lol).

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm with you on this one Shane the movie looks silly even Samuel Jackson's character looks stupid. But it could end up being pretty good who knows :dunno:? As a comic book fan I gotta say the 1st X-men movie was not that bad but the sequels really suck. The new Superman movie was really disappointing but the new Batman flicks are great (even though I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet lol).
I like Batman. Superman was cool when I was young. The new Superman was ok. I hated all of the Xmen movies. I thought they were super lame. I hated the first two Spiderman movies so badly that I won't give the third on a chance. I didn't see Hulk, and I may see Ironman with my younger brother. I have only seen a billboard for the Will Smith movie. No trailer yet.
Apple - Trailers - Superhero Movie
This just makes me laugh
Apple - Trailers - Shrooms

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i used to be a big comic book fan myself, and i felt the same way regarding the x-men trilogy(1st one was iiight...the rest:thumbsdown:). the new superman joint was boring as hell, but all i keep hearing is they're setting up the sequel. we'll see i suppose. i like what they've done with batman, and look forward to seeing the dark knight. iron man looks like it was done well, so i'll definately be checking that out too.

as far as "jumper" goes, it looks like it should've been released straight to dvd:cheeky4:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think the X Men Movies are Decent .. Pretty good for what they are.. Batman is good .. THE FIRST EVER WAS THE BEST AND ALWAYS WILL BE .. but the new one kinda looks cool ...Superman was eh ..nothing special .. Spiderman 3 Was THE worst movie Ive seen in a while .. and SHANE .. that SHROOMS thing looks Hilarious I HAVEEEEE to see that lol .. Shrooms are good

·
Registered
146 Posts
Superman 1 and Spider man 2 are the best Super Hero movies.

Greatest American Hero is the best Superhero TV show EVA!!!!

Believe it or not, I am walking on air

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
i used to be a big comic book fan myself, and i felt the same way regarding the x-men trilogy(1st one was iiight...the rest:thumbsdown:). the new superman joint was boring as hell, but all i keep hearing is they're setting up the sequel. we'll see i suppose. i like what they've done with batman, and look forward to seeing the dark knight. iron man looks like it was done well, so i'll definately be checking that out too.

as far as "jumper" goes, it looks like it should've been released straight to dvd:cheeky4:
No digitty! I fell asleep while watching it. Wolverine is the best adapted character in the X-men movies. Halle berry did a good job playing Storm but she should have had a bigger part and Cyclops was just messed up. The guy is supposed to be the leader in the comics and he's just an extra in the movies. Iron Man is one of my favorite comic book characters so I'll definitely watch the movie. The only thing is the hero is supposed to be in a wheelchair if I remember well...

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Superman 1 and Spider man 2 are the best Super Hero movies.

Greatest American Hero is the best Superhero TV show EVA!!!!

Believe it or not, I am walking on air
never thought i could feel so reeeeeaaaaallllllll:laugh:

i completely forgot about that show, man

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
No digitty! I fell asleep while watching it. Wolverine is the best adapted character in the X-men movies. Halle berry did a good job playing Storm but she should have had a bigger part and Cyclops was just messed up. The guy is supposed to be the leader in the comics and he's just an extra in the movies. Iron Man is one of my favorite comic book characters so I'll definitely watch the movie. The only thing is the hero is supposed to be in a wheelchair if I remember well...
halle did one helluva job wearing that outfit let me tell ya:D

the x-men trilogy revolved around wolverine too much which led to the other x-men being basically ignored(except for halle). cyclops' character derserved a lot more attention, man. i was pissed when they decided to scrap a fight scene between jean and storm in x3. at that point i knew the movie wasn't going to be good as it should be. the problem is there's too many characters with not enough screentime, you know.

as far as iron man, no significant character was in a wheelchair from what i remember.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
halle did one helluva job wearing that outfit let me tell ya:D

the x-men trilogy revolved around wolverine too much which led to the other x-men being basically ignored(except for halle). cyclops' character derserved a lot more attention, man. i was pissed when they decided to scrap a fight scene between jean and storm in x3. at that point i knew the movie wasn't going to be good as it should be. the problem is there's too many characters with not enough screentime, you know.

as far as iron man, no significant character was in a wheelchair from what i remember.
Dam right! Well I know iron man ends up in a wheelchair in the comics but maybe not in the movie...

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Dam right! Well I know iron man ends up in a wheelchair in the comics but maybe not in the movie...
aaahhhhhh, i see! i was on the b-ball courts 24/7 by that the time that happened. i think the last issues i read were around the time when he was "killed". you'd think he'd make some robotic legs or something. i can't see tony stark the playboy in a wheelchair.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.