1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
great fight, round 1 is 1 of the best ever. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree. very rarely do you see two guys that are as talented as those two just let there hands go with no regard for getting hit. That is one of my favorite fights of all time actually. I just wish Hearns had his legs under him that night.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I agree. very rarely do you see two guys that are as talented as those two just let there hands go with no regard for getting hit. That is one of my favorite fights of all time actually. I just wish Hearns had his legs under him that night.
hearsns plan was to box hagler that night but when manny was out the room one of the team gave hearns a leg massage which saps the stengh and power in a boxers legs. when manny came in and seen this the guy who done it was hooked a few of manny and was told he had just lost tommy the fight. manny quickly changed the game plan and told hearns he hd 5 rounds to ko hagler before the legs went. hence such a great fight!

it could have been so much diffrent if tommy had been able to box that night instead of brawl.

#1 srl.
#2 hearns.
#3 starvin marvin.
#4 duran.

i had these guys in that order but duran was the most impressive comming from 135.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Nice list. I had never heard that story. I could just tell the first time I watched it that Hearns' legs weren't there.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
If I was in Hearn's corner when that guy did that, I would have kicked that guys @$$. I mean why would you massage a guy before a fight???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts