Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey..What are your thoughts on boxing away from the ring.. me and my friends were thinking about boxing outside of the ring in one of our back yards for fun. I was just wondering if any of you have done something like this. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been a huge fan of fighting for sport for years. Myself and a friend of mine actually started a fight club a couple years ago, topping out at about 20 members. It wasn't just boxing, but it was a lot of fun. Definitely the highlight of my week when it was going on.

I would say that if you're going to do it, make sure you're safe about. At the very least, I'd say equip yourselves with mouth guards and hand wraps. (This was the bare minimum we had at our clubs. If they didn't have these items, they weren't allowed to fight.) Wearing proper gloves and head gear is probably a better idea though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know we were thinking wearing headgear and mouthgaurds. My friends didnt get gloves yet though what kind do you think we should use, fight gloves or training? PS we are doing this to help get in better shape and to learn to box better and have fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's hard to say, really. It kind of depends on preference/scenario. I personally used MMA gloves, but our club wasn't straight boxing. If you're doing straight boxing, you may want either sparring gloves or competition gloves, depending on if you're fighting for training or fighting for sport/competition. For training, I'd stick to the sparring gloves, and for competition I'd use competition gloves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I were you I would use heavier training gloves. It would help keep you and your sparring partner safe plus aid in giving you a better work out for your arms.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, them two videos...I love seeing girls fight but really...

That wasn't fighting, that was two girls slapping at each other cause one of them had a cuter purse. lol sorry, but I mean really.

I have thought about backyard boxing, but really, you'd need 2-3 people as refs, cause you can't tell 2 people to stop outside of a ring, and know they will.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
This thread, like the idea, is fukking idiotic.

Why did you resurrect it clover. Look at the dates man.:facepalm:

Some threads may deserve to come back, but one this stupid doesn't.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I didn't know, sorry. I just put in my thought, I am not sorry for doing that. I am sorry for bringing it back though. It is a pretty stupid idea, I have heard of people doing it, and then...well ending up in very very bad situations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It isnt a bad idea if you've got good quality headgear and 18oz gloves. If you dont dont do it its gonna end up bad. If you can get someones dad or something to ref the fight uncase it gets out of hand or someone get knocked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts