• Antonio Tarver

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an exciting fight.

Through the ropes radio broadcast also thinks the winner may fight the winner of Jones/Calzaghe.

Thoughts on this upcoming fight?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I am looking forward to this fight a great deal. Another potential "changing of the guard" type fight like Pavlik/Hopkins. I am going with Tarver as I have from the second this fight was announced. Glen Johnson beat Dawson and I believe Tarver will do the same. Hopefully he is actually rewarded for it, though. I have heard Calzaghe mention fighting Dawson in the past, but I doubt he ever does it. I can, however, see Jones taking on Dawson if the two of them come out victorious.

G

·
Assuming Calzaghe wins, you think he goes from Bernard Hopkins, to Roy Jones to....Chad Dawson??? I agree with Balisitk 100%. Outside of boxing nobody has a clue who Chad Dawson is. Hopkins and RJ are practically household names. If Calzaghe was interested in fighting top talent as opposed to getting the biggest payday against legends that are past their prime, this RJ fight would never have happened. Frankly I gave Hopkins little chance against Calzaghe and I give RJ none. Pavlik is out there waiting.....

And comparing Calzaghe To Pavlik because they are both fighting Hopkins would be incorrect. Pavlik put out a statement shortly after he signed with Hopkins that he was not happy with this fight but it was the only fight that he could put together at this time. Pavlik knows that this is a fight he should clearly win and there are tougher fights to be had (Calzaghe, Abraham, Paul Williams).

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Roy and B-Hop will most likely lose so the next logical step for them is to face each other again but chances are they won't be able to come to a financial agreement (again) so I can see one of them fighting the winner of Dawson/Tarver.
If they win though forget about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts