Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys...I'm new to the forum and this is my first ever post.
I'm a girl boxer from Australia.
I'm looking to buy some new 16oz gloves mainly for sparring and I'm tossing up between:
1. Rival High Performance Hook-and-Loop Pro Sparring Gloves from Title Boxing
2.TITLE GEL Hook-and-Loop World Training Gloves from Title Boxing
I've read alot of people saying these are awesome as welll -->IMF Tech™ Training Gloves - Elastic Cuff at Ringside.com
I have to buy most of my boxing gear online from America cos the equipment in Australia is either crap or to expensive. I've read SO many reviews on both of these gloves but I just can't decide. I'ts so hard without trying them on. I just want the most comfortable protective pair, that allow me to close my hand into a fist.
I also like a nice, small compact gloves and when I compare the 2 pics the TITLE gel gloves look smaller, which I like.
But then again I also like the fact that everyone has said the Rivals provide awesome wrist support as my right wrist has been playing up lately.
I really can't decide.
The fact that the TITLE gel/IMF ones are alot cheaper than the Rivals dosn't matter at all to me because if the Rivals are way better, I'll get them.
Any new feedback on either of these gloves would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Imo, go with rival. They're much better for sparring, more comfy, and yes, offer better wrist protection (plus they look cool). To me the gels are just for ppl who want more protection for their knuckles or just want to feel something completely different(gel). I also think they're better for bag work instead of sparring. The titles are a bit smaller than rivals but rival has much quality in what you pay for. You will also find that Rival gloves have a bit more cushion than titles, and your sparring partner might appreciate it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
To tell you the truth, no. I recently started using the IMFs and I love them. They are an all around genuwine glove, very stiff and durable, along with excellent wrist support. So if it's between the rivals and the imf's, go with ringside.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To tell you the truth, no. I recently started using the IMFs and I love them. They are an all around genuwine glove, very stiff and durable, along with excellent wrist support. So if it's between the rivals and the imf's, go with ringside.
Thanks...I know I'm probably going to sound like a total girl right now but blues my favourite colour I just love the blue the Rivals come in. But I do want the best glove :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
They're both great gloves, if your digging the rivals more, get them, get the gloves you think you would like the best, and yeah, the blue does look really cool. I had the blacks a while back and thought they looked amazing. You should get the gloves you think you would be more comfortable with imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts