Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

Felix "Tito" Trinidad (42-3, 35KOs) has been inactive since a January decision loss to Roy Jones Jr. He doesn't have any desire to return to the ring unless there are rematches with Oscar De La Hoya and Bernard Hopkins waiting for him. He's received a lot of offers over the last few months, including fights with Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor, but those two fights [De La Hoy and Hopkins] are the only two to motivate him.

Hopkins face Pavlik on October 11 in Atlantic City and De La Hoya takes on Manny Pacquiao on December 6. Trinidad would have to wait until some point in 2009 to face either guy. Father and trainer, Felix Trinidad Sr., sent a letter to their promoter Don King, indicating that De La Hoya and Hopkins are who they want.

"At this time we are completely away from boxing," Trinidad Sr. said. "We will continue to say the exact thing that was written to Mr. King, that unless there is a fight on a high level, like a rematch against De La Hoya or against Bernard Hopkins, he won't fight because there aren't many [fights] that motivate Tito too much."

Source: Felix Trinidad Only Open For De La Hoya and Hopkins - Boxing News

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thoughts? Would you be interested in seeing either match?

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Tito just wants money, he dosnt care about racking up more losses, there is no way he could ever beat Hopkins, or even beat Oscar at middleweight not now anyway

He should just of stayed retired after the Wright fight and keep his career legendry

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tito just wants money, he dosnt care about racking up more losses, there is no way he could ever beat Hopkins, or even beat Oscar at middleweight not now anyway

He should just of stayed retired after the Wright fight and keep his career legendary
Hi joabbuac :thumbsup:. I'm with you 100% when you say Tito just wants money, his greed and problems with weight are getting a bit pathetic. However, I'd like to see De la Hoya get revenge against him in a rematch :D:D.

G

·
Tito doesn't stand a chance with either fighter but it would be good for DLH to avenge his "loss". Even at 160 DLH would smoke him now.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
The first one was the greatest fight I've ever seen and I'd rather have that fight in my memory then what the second one would be like.

Tito seems to want to continue.. so I'd like to see him get down to 147/154 and pack some people in. I just think he's not motivated like that and the only motivation is $$$

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tito is shot. I wouldn't wanna see him in either fight. Tito just wants the payday, the fights wouldn't be competitive IMO.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
He has pretty much become a mockery of himself and it's sad, but we've seen plenty of guys go down this road. Like it was said before, he should have retired after the Wright fight. I don't think he stands a chance against De La Hoya, Hopkins, Pavlik, or Taylor in 2009.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The first one was the greatest fight I've ever seen and I'd rather have that fight in my memory then what the second one would be like.

Tito seems to want to continue.. so I'd like to see him get down to 147/154 and pack some people in. I just think he's not motivated like that and the only motivation is $$$
He can't physically do it anymore :(. We'll be lucky to see him fight as low as 160 again.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Tito is shot all he's gonna do is get himself hurt

·
Registered
735 Posts
I wouldn't want to see him inside a ring ever again, he doesn't need to. I agree he should've retired after Winky humiliated him. He can't beat any top fighter out there anymore. His career will be legendary no matter what but he can definitely stain it.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Tito is shot all he's gonna do is get himself hurt
Were'nt they in negotiations, and tito's dad started with the ridiculous demands as if they were the top draw, probably reality starting to set in, and they realize that no body is going out of their way to look for them, he should stay put at this point all he's gonna do is get hurt,he's probably bored out of his mind and misses the cheers, he might've had a chance at a little leverage had he won his fight with Jones but he did'nt, he's in a dream world if he thinks DLH or Hopkins are remotely interesting in fighting him again ....

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I wouldn't want to see him inside a ring ever again, he doesn't need to. I agree he should've retired after Winky humiliated him. He can't beat any top fighter out there anymore. His career will be legendary no matter what but he can definitely stain it.
Good point! as DLH is doing by fighting a much smaller opponent in Paquiao...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Were'nt they in negotiations, and tito's dad started with the ridiculous demands as if they were the top draw, probably reality starting to set in, and they realize that no body is going out of their way to look for them, he should stay put at this point all he's gonna do is get hurt,he's probably bored out of his mind and misses the cheers, he might've had a chance at a little leverage had he won his fight with Jones but he did'nt, he's in a dream world if he thinks DLH or Hopkins are remotely interesting in fighting him again ....
Tito's Dad is a terrible business man

Good point! as DLH is doing by fighting a much smaller opponent in Paquiao...
I truly beleived this fight wasn't going to happen. What a joke.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If these 2 are the only fighters he will come back for then we will never see him fight again, which won't be a bad thing. why would DLH or Hopkins fight him now. DLH will never go that high in weight again and Hopkins would choose Jones over him at this point. The only reasonable fighter he mentioned is Hopkins and I just don't see him taking that fight again. not now.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
If these 2 are the only fighters he will come back for then we will never see him fight again, which won't be a bad thing. why would DLH or Hopkins fight him now. DLH will never go that high in weight again and Hopkins would choose Jones over him at this point. The only reasonable fighter he mentioned is Hopkins and I just don't see him taking that fight again. not now.
Bernard Hopkins kicked his ass, made him look ordinary, embarassed him really. Tito dont want or need any more of Nard ;)

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'd give him a chance against Chavez Jr. or Camacho Jr.
That would be entertaining, but knowing his dad he would consider them beneath his great son.:laugh:

Tito's Dad is a terrible business man

I truly beleived this fight wasn't going to happen. What a joke.
The old man never had a clue about boxing or the business of boxing he simply went alone for the ride while his talented son still had the skills to keep them there...

Bernard Hopkins kicked his ass, made him look ordinary, embarassed him really. Tito dont want or need any more of Nard ;)[/QUOTE
I'm thinking if Bernard pulls a shock against Pavlick he might be open minded to give old Tito another ass whooping,BHOP does'nt seem to be in any hurry to go away..:laugh:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts