Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are like me, then you like to be informed on the latest tid bits of news in Boxing. Time and time again the best place to get updated on the rumbling's in the Boxing world can always be found at the end of Steve Kim's Articles featured only on MaxBoxing.com. You will not find another scribe in the Industry who consistently breaks news like Kim does. Week after week, month after month, and yes, Year after Year, Kim beats other Boxing news outlets to the punch. And where can you find all this information? At the end of Kim's articles, his final flurries always deliver the knock out punch.

In today's article by Kim, he breaks news on who Felix "Tito" Trinidad is looking to fight in his comeback fight. While others are reporting that Trinidad wants to face Roy Jones Jr next, Kim reports that actually Trinidad is looking to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr and that is the reason he is out of retirement.

Quoted by Kim, Don King who promotes Trinidad said: "Not Roy Jones," King then added: "We don't know who we gonna fight. Right now, it's zeroing in and the guy trying to fight somebody else is Mayweather."

King further explained to Kim, stating: "He dislikes Oscar so bad, that anybody who beats Oscar, he wants to beat them. So that he can say, 'Hey, I beat the guy that beat Oscar. Now, I'm going to beat Oscar, again.' So that's what he wants. So it's a thing here, he'll fight Roy Jones, most certainly. But the fact of the matter is, he came back to get Mayweather.

"So Mayweather should quit hiding and come out the closet."

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
That's funny. He can't acually "beat" Oscar himself, so he has to try to beat everyone that has beat him? As pointless as DLH-Tito II is, If he hates him that bad, why not fight?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
trinidad just wants the biggest payday possible. mayweather will draw more than jones jr as of now. I think both guys destroy him right now even with rj going downhill for sometime now. tito cant beat the best boxers and rj and mayweather are 2 of the best specimens when it comes to that. i'd rather see him fight a fading delahoya again and let delahoya retire with a win over the guy who first robbed him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Big Jack said:
Mayweather is half Roy's size. I think I'd rather fight him, too.
to be honest it wouldnt matter if mayweather was a third of jones size...trinidad cant beat mayweather. as far as trinidad and jones are concerned they are both good boxers but i would have to go toward jones.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Well if its a matter of a payday, than Tito vs DLH is OBVIOUSLY the best choice for him. No way Floyd will allow Tito to come out of retirement and fight him right away, so Tito will have to get a fight or 2 in first and prove hes still got it.
IF he's going to fight someone, it should be Oscar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts