Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: There are way to many titles, there are like 6 or 7 titles. It was set up nicely in the 70's. There were 3 titles the WBA, the WBC, and the WBO. It was a simple fight routine for the champions. 2 champions fight to unify there belts. The winner would fight the other champion for the unification of all the belts, thats not complicated at all! Now if your champion don't be overly prowd of yourself, its not saying much. Your one of 6 or 7 people to be heavyweight champion, big whup. They should get rid of 3 or 4 different titles. If your ranked number 10 of the world your not really in 10th there are 16 people ahead of you really you are 16th of the world when your in first you are in 7th and so on. Thats my point on why there are to many titles.

·
Registered
272 Posts
bill1234 said:
:mad: There are way to many titles, there are like 6 or 7 titles. It was set up nicely in the 70's. There were 3 titles the WBA, the WBC, and the WBO. It was a simple fight routine for the champions. 2 champions fight to unify there belts. The winner would fight the other champion for the unification of all the belts, thats not complicated at all! Now if your champion don't be overly prowd of yourself, its not saying much. Your one of 6 or 7 people to be heavyweight champion, big whup. They should get rid of 3 or 4 different titles. If your ranked number 10 of the world your not really in 10th there are 16 people ahead of you really you are 16th of the world when your in first you are in 7th and so on. Thats my point on why there are to many titles.
There are to many champions in every division. It seems like every other bout is for a title of somekind.Title fights in general are where the money is,so more titles more money.
Has anybody ever read or old enough to remember in the fiftys era there were only eight divisions of boxing,and only one recognized champion.
Heavy,Lt Heavy,Middle,Welter.Light,feather,Bantam and Fly. When you were a champion then you were somebody. If you can get a hold of a old RING mag then you will know what I'm telling you.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what it was like back in the 50's, and wish it was still like that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Agreed,

Way too many titles.

I would not mind a American Title ( THere is a Britsh Campion), or even a contenital champ. Just far as world champ, there only needs to be one.

Wisdom

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dr. Wisdom said:
Agreed,

Way too many titles.

I would not mind a American Title ( THere is a Britsh Campion), or even a contenital champ. Just far as world champ, there only needs to be one.

Wisdom
One other division that could be added to the original eight would be a super heavy.people seem to be getting bigger.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because they are lazy and get fat by not eating right and training less frequently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts