Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That Paul Williams would annihilate Floyd Mayweather. :laugh:

Floyd would have stopped Williams last night by the 6th round. He looked good against Margarito because he is a statue. Quintana actually moved side to side, and Williams couldn't do a damn thing. Finally all the Williams hoopla will cease! Now you guys can jump on Cotto's bandwagon.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
That Paul Williams would annihilate Floyd Mayweather. :laugh:

Floyd would have stopped Williams last night by the 6th round. He looked good against Margarito because he is a statue. Quintana actually moved side to side, and Williams couldn't do a damn thing. Finally all the Williams hoopla will cease! Now you guys can jump on Cotto's bandwagon.
Ive maintained for months that a bit of movement would beat Williams, he fights in straight lines.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just don't think he's as good as everyone thought. I am now certain that Cotto will absolutely dominate Margarito. Style this style that...Margarito will get handled.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I Think The Main Reason Why Williams Had Problems Was The Southpaw Style, We've All Known His Defense Was His Offense But Southpaw Angles Give Him Trouble.
He's just came out and said fighting a southpaw suits him because its like fighting a mirror image of himself, he put the loss down to an off night.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Well Cotto beat Quintana and Quintana beat Williams. Maybe we aren't giving Cotto the credit he deserves and maybe Quintana is in a class that's just slightly behind COtto. He actually really impressed me.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Quintana's performance against Cotto was actually quite good. Early on, when he boxed and moved, he looked pretty good and i thought he won a couple of rounds. He got dragged into a brawl though, the worst thing you can do with Cotto. Quintana certainly was underrated by all of us i think (except VD:laugh: )

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't underrate Quintana. He beat a terrible looking WIlliams last night. Quintana isn't that good to me, and I don't even want to start hearing about him in the list of top welters.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I want to see berto quintana, then have berto defend it against judah or collazo. There are alot of guys berto can fight and possibly defeat without having to fight the cotto's and floyd's because he simply isnt ready for them yet and a loss will ruin his future if he isnt careful.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
You can't have off nights and lose if you want to be considered a top player. You can however, have off nights but know how to still win.

Well put.

I dont think paul showed much last night, and i believe he did have an "off night".

Hes not a B level fighter by any means, he was way off last night.

I bet he'd still beat maragrito again...but Mayweather, NO, and Cotto, NO.
He gets hit too easily to defeat either of them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts