Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
goju-joe said:
OK from what I have found out Morrison is fighting a bum on some Indian reserve in Arizona and they don't test for HIV

Like in his last fight

Also he does have aids and is on the Magic Johnson cocktail that reduces it to almost undetectable amounts which is great but he still has it.

So he's never going to fight Chuck or anyone good in a regulated and sanctioned MMA match.
Well that’s disappointing…

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Good news IMO. Keep boxing and mma away from each other please!
id like them to fight just so we can shut the mma guys up who come on boxing boards saying there guys are better. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
tommygunn said:
from what ive heard liddel aint even a ground fighter, he's ment to be very average on the ground, his main strengh is his take down defence.

i watched his second fight with tito and he was reluctant to fight on the ground and wanted to stand at all times.

im not educated on MMA though so what do i know. ;)
Chuck is a very good wrestler but he prefers to strike.

·
Registered
201 Posts
again you cant really compare boxing with MMA. I like both but i cant really sit here and say one can beat up the other. If you took the best of both worlds and put them in the ring anything can happen. Only reason i would give MMA the advantage is that its MMA mixed martial arts, not just standing and punching (I know theres more to it than that). But you take a boxer and put on them what ever ounce gloves they were in MMA and see how hard they punch (probably hard as hell) but you take that MMA guy that can choke you out, and It would be over before it even started. Its really difficult to call. Both have there advantages. Back in the day of MMA, boxing would have dominated. but as time evolves, some of them MMA guys are all around athletes. I believe they could hang with he best and there only getting better.

ex.
I don't like TITO ORTIZ (light heavyweight) to much but he's a monster and he can take a DIRECT punch to the face from a heavy weight with them little gloves, so i think if he got into the ring with a boxer they wouldn't faze him. He would get punched a million times while he picked the boxer up and carried him to the center of the ring/octagon and droped him on his head and probably choke him out and it would be over just like that...

anyway you cant really say who's better but i say as much as i love boxing the advantage would be for the MMA guys...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think its pretty easy to say who would win. You put an MMA guy in a boxing ring with boxing rules he loses. You put a boxing guy in the octagon with MMA rules he loses. They each are best at their respected sports.

·
Registered
138 Posts
At one time Morrisson was a good to above average fighter. Now he's not worth squat. Any type of fighter with any talent what so ever will destroy Tommy. Hes just doing anything he can get to make a few dollars. He did say he was praising GOD all the way to the bank when he came back for his first fight of his latest reinvention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boxing is just that....history

All these people do all the comparisons between MMA and boxing. What most people think is boxers train really hard day after day to finally step in the ring and get their shot. Above and beyond the training of MMA boxers are the elite. That myth is completely wrong. MMA fighters train just as much if not more than boxers. Boxing is full of corruption on every level. I remember when Mike Tyson ran his mouth to Bob 'The Beast' Sapp and eventually ended up pulling out of the fight due to 'lack of financial interest' in the fight. I strongly believe that time will tell. Time will prove that boxers don't have a chance against MMA's either in the street, the ring, cage, octagon or whatever you want to call it. I put my money on a MMA v. a boxer any day of the week.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
MMA303 said:
All these people do all the comparisons between MMA and boxing. What most people think is boxers train really hard day after day to finally step in the ring and get their shot. Above and beyond the training of MMA boxers are the elite. That myth is completely wrong. MMA fighters train just as much if not more than boxers. Boxing is full of corruption on every level. I remember when Mike Tyson ran his mouth to Bob 'The Beast' Sapp and eventually ended up pulling out of the fight due to 'lack of financial interest' in the fight. I strongly believe that time will tell. Time will prove that boxers don't have a chance against MMA's either in the street, the ring, cage, octagon or whatever you want to call it. I put my money on a MMA v. a boxer any day of the week.
that big freak saps chin is like candy, he's been on queer street with guys who cant punch anywhere near mikes level.

1 punch and it would be over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whatever Mr. Boxing aficionado

Yeah, Mike Tyson likes to rape and beat women but boxing fans see him as a hero, a legend. That's how low boxing has gone. Tyson is just a loudmouth washed-up boxer. Tyson would never survive in MMA.

·
Registered
146 Posts
tommygunn said:
that big freak saps chin is like candy, he's been on queer street with guys who cant punch anywhere near mikes level.

1 punch and it would be over.

True

Mirko Crop Cop kicked him in the face so hard he broke sapp's orbital bone and literaly made sapp cry. Right in the middle of the ring

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tommy Morrison takes Chuck Liddel's Offer ?

There are so many things wrong with that statement I don't know where to start!

Unreal, maybe Hulk Hogan vs Tyson on the undercard?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
MMA303 said:
I usually welcome all newcomers to the board but not you dude. Boxing is dead? Let me know when MMA gets within pissing distance of the PPV record.

Oh and guys I apologize for starting this thread. I should have known it would go to the boxing vs. mma garbage that draws the members we have out of the shadows to come back and post about how Godly MMA is. I am truly sorry.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ok Mr. MMA's Pecker Is in my Butt

MMA303 said:
Yeah, Mike Tyson likes to rape and beat women but boxing fans see him as a hero, a legend. That's how low boxing has gone. Tyson is just a loudmouth washed-up boxer. Tyson would never survive in MMA.
Dude, you are on the wrong board.

·
Registered
116 Posts
MMA303 said:
Y did u join a BOXING forum if you dont like boxing and all ur going to do is say how horrible it is and sh*t nobody here wants to hear u dis boxing

·
Registered
201 Posts
Lol.. Well, I won’t be that guy. But I will say I have MUCH respect for the MMA world. I won’t say its better; I won’t say it’s more violent, I won’t say mixed martial artiest can beat up boxers. But I will say both are very entertaining on very different levels in two very different worlds. Both have there moments. I believe MMA due to the fact that it is just becoming popular is the red headed step child to boxing. But I think it'll come around. I won’t say it will ever be MORE popular than boxing but I think its here for good and will only get better as time goes on.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I agree with that 70%. I think it WILL become more popular than boxing, if it hasn't already, but that doesn't matter one bit to me. Boxing will always be superior by a long shot in my book.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts