Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The California State Athletic Commission has levied a one year suspension on former world champion James "Lights Out" Toney. Toney tested positive for both Boldenone Metabolite and Stanozolol Metabolite after his May 24 fight against Danny Barchelder at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. Toney has been fined $2,500 and his suspension period runs from the conclusion of the bout until the end of his licensing year which is May 22, 2008. He will be close to 40 when he is eligible to return to the ring. Interestingly, Boldenone is an anabolic steroid developed primarily for horses and is only available through veterinary clinics. Stanozolol is the same steroid that boxer Fernando Vargas was suspended nine months for in 2002 by the Nevada Commission. This is Toney's second suspension for steroid use. After dethroning John Ruiz in 2005, Toney was suspended by the New York Commission and stripped of the WBA heavyweight title after testing positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toney's May 24 opponent Danny Batchelder also tested positive with the steroids Oxandrolone, Stanozolol Metabolite, and an elevated T/E Ratio. Like Toney, he also been fined $2,500 and suspended through the end of his licensing year which is May 22, 2008.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
that sucks. stupid toney. Always liked the guy. Guess he got desperate again, but now i guess he will never get that heavyweight title. I still thought he had a possible chance against maskaeg of chageaev but he can forget it now.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Thats very very strange that both fighter tested positive for the samething the same night. I think they both will appeal the suspension and win. Because somethings fishy here.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toney was also busted after the ruiz fight, IMO cheats should not be given second chances. especialy in a sport like boxing, theres just to much that can happen after 1 fight like guys lossing confidence, being injured, or there just not the same again!

ban all the cheats for life.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
tommygunn said:
toney was also busted after the ruiz fight, IMO cheats should not be given second chances. especialy in a sport like boxing, theres just to much that can happen after 1 fight like guys lossing confidence, being injured, or there just not the same again!

ban all the cheats for life.
It was a different roid found in him the first fight. But for both fighters to have the same 2 roids in them the same nioght is rare. And it just dont sit right with me.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It is kind of strange. Both fighters found with the same roids? It makes you wonder.

From what i heard about Toney's performance, the steroids didnt do much good:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
LeedsLad said:
It is kind of strange. Both fighters found with the same roids? It makes you wonder.

From what i heard about Toney's performance, the steroids didnt do much good:laugh:
They're not those type of roids. But I get it. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
LeedsLad said:
haha man, i dont know my roids:laugh: I dont intend to ever find out either:thumbsup:
I feel you on that. :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
take him off the record books, once a cheat always a CHEAT.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
he didnt make any records at heavyweight, he can have his records at middleweight, toney in himself is just a drug addict i believe. He can have his records, but this is going to hurt his image. But he'll alwasy be rememberd in the shadows of other great middleweights in reality anywayz.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if he's taking roids now who's to say he wasn't back in his 168 days?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
What a iddiot. Sounds like a old athelete trying prolong his career. I think he realized he had nothing left. And he had a hard time walking away from boxing.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I think he might have been drugged this time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
TommyGunn said:
The California State Athletic Commission has levied a one year suspension on former world champion James "Lights Out" Toney. Toney tested positive for both Boldenone Metabolite and Stanozolol Metabolite after his May 24 fight against Danny Barchelder at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. Toney has been fined $2,500 and his suspension period runs from the conclusion of the bout until the end of his licensing year which is May 22, 2008. He will be close to 40 when he is eligible to return to the ring. Interestingly, Boldenone is an anabolic steroid developed primarily for horses and is only available through veterinary clinics. Stanozolol is the same steroid that boxer Fernando Vargas was suspended nine months for in 2002 by the Nevada Commission. This is Toney's second suspension for steroid use. After dethroning John Ruiz in 2005, Toney was suspended by the New York Commission and stripped of the WBA heavyweight title after testing positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toney's May 24 opponent Danny Batchelder also tested positive with the steroids Oxandrolone, Stanozolol Metabolite, and an elevated T/E Ratio. Like Toney, he also been fined $2,500 and suspended through the end of his licensing year which is May 22, 2008.
Is there a pro fighter today that doesn't use them.... that's the real question.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RoccoMarciano said:
Is there a pro fighter today that doesn't use them.... that's the real question.
im not sure about the testing in the USA but over here in the UK the testing is taking very seriously, fighters over here can be tested randomly 6 times a year.

i dont think its as serious a problem in boxing as it is in say....track and field.

·
Registered
248 Posts
TommyGunn said:
im not sure about the testing in the USA but over here in the UK the testing is taking very seriously, fighters over here can be tested randomly 6 times a year.

i dont think its as serious a problem in boxing as it is in say....track and field.
Aren't there different types of steroids?... even in Scotland?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts