Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is my first post and I joined here to see what people that know what they are talking about would say....

I'm 19 ,5 ft 9 with a muscular build and weight 64kg . I've done a bit off boxing when I was about 16 and I was the most promising young member of my local gym from the few fights that I had, not being big headed or anything, I am or should I say, I was good... but then I stopped training and started well lets just say hanging around with druggies, but now I have my life back on track and wanted to start training for the London Olympics and maybe even turn pro someday.........

But my question is do you think their much chance of me ever making it in the Olympics never mind professional boxing? After only training for about 8 months in my life then having such a late last go at it?

Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hard to say, make up it up in the ranks in England and you will know if you are good enough. On a side note, it's not even really worth it to go to the olympics for boxing so long as the current scoring system is in place imo, I'd go the pro route.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
19 is more than young enough, my boy was a world class amateur 2 years after he started training. All you have to do is train your ass off and be able to learn anything you're taught, easier said than done. The more time and effort you put into training the faster you'll be able to get better. The more and the faster you learn the faster you'll be able to get better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't try...

You don't want to have any regrets when you really get OLD for boxing. I did the same thing, although I tried comeback when I was 32. And even though I was good, it was a shot in the dark, and not enough time to get better. Just do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts