Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
and my underrated classic Toney/Jirov
That hardly ever gets a mention when people talk about great fights. It's one of my personal favourites too. Toney put on a clinic off the ropes. Action packed doesn't even cover it. The last round was unreal. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
its sounds like it is.... but my favourite fight of all time is a hard choice... i'll have to think about it.... but benn vs. g-man is a fight i could watch every night.
As entertaining as it is, I have a hard time watching it and enjoying it when I think about its aftermath. I feel the same way about Mancini/Kim.

As for Toney/Jirov, definitely check it out. If you can't find a good download of it, I'll hook you up with a DVD.

G

·
its sounds like it is.... but my favourite fight of all time is a hard choice... i'll have to think about it.... but benn vs. g-man is a fight i could watch every night.
I loved that fight (apart from the tragic ending of course), I thought that Benn was outta there a couple of times in the fight but he showed great heart. I'd never get tired watching it.

Toney/Jirov is a different type of fight to most classics. It's more about Jirov's relentless pressure and lack of defense and Toney's slick operating off the ropes. You'll enjoy it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts